|To be an administrator in the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD), you must have:
- Master's degree
- Eligibility for California Administrative Credential
- Proficiency in a second language (desirable)
Job Openings | Administrator Hiring Process | Contact Us
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTIONS Please click on the left (and search for position) to view available job descriptions.
||Key Dates (positions close at 10:50 p.m.)
There are currently no openings.
Please click here for the online (management/principal) application.
Application Deadline: NA
Expected Start Date: NA
Work Days: NA
Leadership Standards for Principals
Commitment to Nondiscrimination
The Board of Education of the Palo Alto Unified School District shall provide equal opportunities in all areas and assure that there will be no discrimination against any person on the grounds of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, color, disability, policital belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran's status.
Administrator Hiring Process
- COMPLETE AN ONLINE (MANAGEMENT/PRINCIPAL) APPLICATION.
- Include the following documents as attachments to your application:
- Letter of interest (addressed to Assistent Superintendent of HR)
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation (including at least one letter pertaining to your most recent work experience)
- Copies of up-to-date transcripts for all graduate and undergraduate work (unofficial are acceptable)
- Copies of your credentials/certificates
- Be selected for an interview
A committee screens completed applications and selects candidates to interview for particular positions. The committee considers PAUSD's affirmative action policy and the following criteria:
- Education, credentials, and training
- Professional references
- Ability to write effectively
A committee will interview each selected candidate to assess his/her ability, interest, and readiness to fill the position.
- Reference Check
Finalists will be notified, and we will conduct a complete professional reference check.
- Recommendation to the Board of Education
The Superintendent will interview finalists and recommend a candidate to the Board of Education.
If you have questions about job openings or the hiring process, contact Certificated Human Resources at (650) 329-3785 or email@example.com.
Revised June 2013