To attend the Palo Alto Unified School District, a student must be:
- At least five (5) years of age on or before December 2nd
of that academic calendar year.*
*For the 2013- 2014 school year registered students born between October 2, 2008 - December 2, 2008 will be placed in Transitional Kindergarten classes.
Students that are 5 on or before October 1, 2013 (born in 2008) will be placed in Kindergarten.
Students that are 6 on or before October 1, 2013 (born in 2007) will be placed in First Grade.
- Reside on a full-time permanent basis (seven days and seven nights) within the boundaries of the District.
All registrations must be submitted/processed at the Central Attendance Office, 25 Churchill Ave., Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. except Fridays in July. Before visiting our offices please review the Registration Process.
Further assistance with: School Placement (Due to continued high enrollment. PAUSD cannot guarantee placement in the neighborhood school.), Finding Your Neighborhood School, and Transfers.
If you have questions contact us at email@example.com or 650-329-3707.
Registrations for 2014/15 - Priority 1 Period – January 14 to February 13, 2014
Appointments and Registrations for the 2014/15 school year will NOT be accepted until January 14, 2014.
The following ORIGINAL documents MUST be provided to the Central Attendance Office
prior to beginning the on-line registration process.
Current Property Tax Statement indicating a Homeowner’s Exemption
- Registration form/Formulario de inscripción
- Residency Declaration Form/Declaracion de Domicilio
- Child's Birth Certificate or Passport
- Parent’s Government Issued Photo ID
- Immunization Records (Immunizations Do Not need to be complete to register your child. Immunizations must be complete and verified prior to the start of school.)
Current Lease Agreement with Manager/Landlord’s contact information AND if lease has expired and is now month-to-month, letter from the manager/landlord indicating the parents are current residents.
City of Palo Alto or PG&E utility bills – Three Most Recent Months
Current DMV Vehicle Registration
Translated Transcript (high school only)
After the required documents are processed you will receive a(n):
Now that you have the Activation Code, proceed to the online registration proces. You will need to provide the following information:
- 3 local emergency contacts - home phone and address;
- 1 out-of-state emergency contact - home phone and address (please do not list an out-of-country contact);
- Child's physician/practitioner - name and phone number and Health Insurance Provider - If Applicable.
Click here to enter the parent portal of Infinite Campus and complete the registration process.
If you need assistance completing your Online Registration, you can contact Infinite Campus Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to one of two drop-in assistance sessions at the District Office at 25 Churchill Avenue.
Computers will be available for your use, if you'd simply like to complete the process where there is someone to answer questions. There will also be help with setting up accounts and troubleshooting any other problem you might have. Spanish language translators will also be available.
Schedule Registration Appointment
Appointments are not required.
For appointments with Margie Mitchell, please email her at Margie Mitchell.
Revised July 2013