Title IX Office
PLEASE NOTE: During the school closures, the Title IX Office is operating remotely. If you need assistance, please email the Title IX Officer, Megan Farrell.
The PAUSD Title IX Office receives and investigates complaints brought by parents and students alleging unlawful discrimination including discriminatory harassment, (such as sexual harassment, sexual violence or harassment based on a protected characteristic), intimidation, or bullying against any person in district programs and activities, including, but not limited to, those program or activities funded directly by or that receive or benefit from any state financial assistance, based on the person's actual or perceived characteristics or race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200  or 220 , Government Code 11135 , or Penal Code 422.55 , or based on the person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (5 CCR 4610).
File a Complaint
Online training was completed by 100% of employees by December 18, 2019. Online training will be required of all new hires. The Title IX Office is currently planning training for the 2020-21 academic year.
The Title IX staff also holds monthly meetings at the District Office with site point persons who handle Title IX and Civil rights complaints:
- June 10, 2020 - Title IX staff did a year-end review with administrators to look at statistics and trends for 2019-20. There was also an overview of the new Title IX regulations that will go into effect on August 14, 2020.
- April 1, 2020 - A Title IX Investigations workshop was conducted by Megan Farrell via Zoom for 10 administrators.
- February 27, 2020 - A meeting was held with elementary principals to review a case study and provide sample emails and outcome letters for school site investigations.
- January 23, 2020 - There was a review of a case study from the 2018-19 school year that included a discussion of lessons learned. There was also a discussion of on-site investigations with sample outcome letters handed out.
- December 9, 2019 - Title IX Coordinator and Civil Rights Officer Megan Farrell provides Title IX training to Adult Education employees. There was a review of current cases and discussion of plans for meetings next semester.
- October 24, 2019 - A meeting was held with site administrators to discuss Restorative Justice as an alternative to the formal investigation process.