Salary range: 31
Reports to: Fiscal Services Manager
Under general supervision, perform complex and responsible work in the maintenance of statistical and financial records; audit, interpret, prepare and present statistical and financial records.
- Equivalent to an A.A. degree or higher required, with an emphasis in business and/or accounting
- Advanced skill using a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and accounting and communication software
- Three years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Experience with computerized data entry and accounting systems
- History of satisfactory employer evaluations
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Review, analyze and maintain statistical and financial records
- Receive and screen purchase orders and payment vouchers for accuracy and adherence to legal and procedural requirements
- Audit accounts payable, accounts receivable and other financial records prepared by other District staff and make corrections as needed
- Monitor non-public school accounts and file state reports as required
- Maintain complete accounting records for special accounts
- Reconcile district records with County and State agencies and banks
- Prepare a variety of financial reports
- Suggest and implement accounting procedure changes
- Provide information and assistance to schools and departments regarding account structures and business office procedures
- Assist Fiscal Services Manager with other tasks as assigned. Learn and interpret specific rules, laws and policies and apply them with good judgement
- Understand computerized accounting systems
- Perform difficult accounting and statistical work in maintenance of District records
- Demonstrate skill in a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet and communication software
- Compose letters and prepare reports
- Analyze statistical and financial data
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Make arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and firmness
- Keyboard at a speed of not less than 50 words per minute
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of PAUSD policy, rules, and regulations;
- Office management practices, including filing systems, receptionist and telephone techniques, and operation of modern office equipment;
- Methods and practices of statistical and financial record keeping and financial terminology;
- Computer accounting systems;
- Microsoft Word; Works, Excel or Lotus 1‑2‑3;
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 04/07/2015
Initial date: 01/12/1978
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.