Salary Range: Range 26 on Classified Salary Schedule
Work Year: 10 months/7 hours per day
Training & Experience:
- Equivalent to high school graduation; A.A. degree desirable
- Four years of progressively responsible clerical experience with at least two years in a responsible secretarial capacity,
- preferably in a school district
- Computer training desired
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of clerical duties related to attendance accounting and record keeping; and to perform other required work, as assigned, in support of a high school function.
Specific Duties Include
- Provide accurate reporting for daily period-by-period attendance of students;
- Communicate with students and parents regarding attendance and related issues;
- Prepare attendance reports and maintain attendance records;
- Perform attendance accounting work which involves data entry for each period of the day;
- Prepare and issue admit slips to class and permits to leave school;
- Contact parents or guardian to determine and verify excused and unexcused absences, clear the student records on
- the computer when appropriate;
- Enter or scan attendance data into computer and code for appropriate reason for absence;
- Prepare student attendance profiles for administrators, teachers or parents as requested;
- Prepare suspension and amended verified lists;
- Review and send messages and call slips from counselors, school administrators and parents to classrooms;
- Transmit required attendance information to the district office;
- Assist with data processing and other related clerical needs at the high school;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Under general supervision, to perform a variety of clerical duties related to attendance accounting and record keeping; and to perform other required work, as assigned, in support of a high school function.
Essential Skills Include the Ability to
- Learn and apply district rules and policies concerning student attendance including acceptable reasons for excused absences and late arrival;
- Perform complex clerical tasks involving independent judgment and requiring speed and accuracy; maintain student records on the computer;
- Deal effectively with parents and students in a wide variety of situations concerning attendance issues;
- Understand the complexities of desk top printers, modems and terminals;
- Type and/or use personal computer accurately at an acceptable rate of speed;
- Operate a variety of office machines;
- Meet schedules and time lines;
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, duplications, typing and maintaining records;
- Communicate effectively on the phone and in person with students, staff, parents and the general public;
- Read, interpret and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures; work effectively with constant interruptions; meet physical and/or mental requirements associated with tasks outlined in this position description;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
This position requires knowledge of
- Attendance accounting procedures;
- School district policy, rules and regulations;
- Procedures used to maintain a variety of school records;
- Office methods and equipment, including filing systems and letter and report writing;
- Answering telephones, efficiently take and relay messages;
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; oral and written communication; interpersonal skills using tact,
- patience and courtesy;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, keyboards, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PAUSD is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.