Salary range: 26
Reports to: Attendance Accounting Supervisor
Under general supervision, perform a variety of clerical duties related to attendance accounting and record keeping in support of high school function; required work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; A.A. degree desirable
- Four years of progressively responsible clerical experience with at least two years in a responsible secretarial capacity, preferably in a school district
- Knowledge of computer operation desired.
- Perform attendance accounting work, providing accurate reporting for daily period-by-period attendance of students
- Communicate with students and parents regarding attendance and related issues
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, duplication, typing, and preparing and maintaining attendance records
- Transmit required attendance information to the District Office
- Contact parents or guardian to determine and verify excused and unexcused absences; clear the student records on the computer when appropriate
- Prepare student attendance profiles for administrators, teachers, or parents, as requested
- Prepare suspension and amended verified lists
- Review and send messages and call slips from counselors, school administrators, and parents to classrooms and prepare and issue admit slips to class and permits to leave school
- Learn and apply District rules and policies concerning student attendance, including acceptable reasons for excused absences and late arrival
- Operate a variety of office machines; understand the complexities of desktop printers
- Type and/or use personal computer accurately at an acceptable rate of speed
- Meet schedules and time lines
- Communicate effectively on the phone and in person with students, staff, parents and the general public
- Read, interpret and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to perform complex clerical tasks involving independent judgment and requiring speed and accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively with constant interruptions;
- Thorough knowledge of attendance accounting procedures;
- Familiarity with School District policy, rules, and regulations;
- Procedures used to maintain a variety of school records;
- Office methods and equipment, including filing systems and letter and report writing;
- Ability to effectively utilize oral and written communication;
- Ability to answer telephones; efficiently take and relay messages;
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of State Education Code and other applicable laws;
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, keyboards, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 months
Revision Date: 04/07/2015
Initial date: 09/14/2015
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.