Salary range: 26
Reports to: Assistant Principal/ Business Services Manager
Under general supervision, maintain a variety of accounts on computer spreadsheets for the School Budget. Serve as Secretary to the Assistant Principal, assist the Assistant Principal by relieving him/her of clerical detail, perform a wide variety of responsible clerical work; related work as required.
A.A. degree or equivalent required.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget by Department, in detail
- Set up spreadsheets for all accounts in approved Budget
- Type purchase orders and requisitions for direct purchases and replacement of equipment for supplies from warehouse; type requisitions for building and grounds improvements and repairs
- Post all encumbrances on a regular basis; monitor each account to determine if there is sufficient budget balance
- Maintain monthly financial and statistical report of records and accounts
- Receive purchase orders and completed maintenance orders; post and file
- Calculate and type labor vouchers for part-time, regular, and student help, and post to proper accounts; maintain petty cash fund
- Compose letters to vendors regarding purchases, repairs, etc., and contact proper sources for repair of office and School equipment
- Expedite orders for Teachers and provide information to Teachers and students on payroll, purchases, and budget information
- Assist with the scheduling of school facilities involving permits and invoices
- Process trip tickets for athletic and field trips, maintain inventory files for equipment
- Assist Principal's secretary as needed
- Assume responsibility and use good judgment
- Compile and maintain accurate and complete records and reports
- Meet the public tactfully and courteously
- Compose letters and prepare reports
- Make arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately
- Keyboard at a speed of not less than 50 words per minute
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain collaborative and cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, laws and policies governing the School District, and ability to apply them with good judgment;
- Microsoft Word, Filemaker and Excel software;
- Methods and practices of statistical and financial record keeping;
- Basic functions and type of secretarial operations performed at a public school;
- Modern office methods and practices including filing systems, using computer for input and retrieval;
- Receptionist and telephone techniques, letter and report writing;
- Methods and practices of statistical and financial record keeping and financial terminology;
- Computer accounting systems;
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 months
Revision Date: 04/07/2015
Initial date: 03/05/2012
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.