Business Systems Analyst
Salary Range: Range 49 (Office, Technical, Paraprofessional & Operations Support)
Work Year: 12 Months/ 8 Hours
The Business Systems Analyst supports and maintains various operational technology and data reporting platforms within Palo Alto Unified. This position reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support the overall needs of the District. The position requires a high level of collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of the District. This position manages projects and uses data and process analysis to guide strategy and ensure that Palo Alto Unified technology is being adopted and utilized. This role requires proactive problem-solving, strong analytic skills, excellent customer service, and the ability to effectively coordinate the work of self and others across schools, departments, and divisions.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems, or related subject area, plus a minimum of five years of experience with the major job responsibilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or relational databases in an educational environment is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing, supporting, and maintaining PAUSD various operational technology and data reporting platforms
- Evaluates PAUSD technology and data needs and ensures solutions are industry current, department appropriate, and implemented with fidelity
- Conducts system and business process analysis to develop user requirements for new and existing systems
- Leads implementation, integration, and training for Palo Alto Unified applications and technologies
- Researches, develops, and implements processes and solutions in alignment with department or PAUSD objectives
- Analyzes large data sets, effectively communicating insights and recommending actions
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to accomplish department or Palo Alto Unified goals
- Monitors, prioritizes, and coordinates to ensure work is completed efficiently, accurately, and on time
- Resolves issues proactively, in alignment with policies, and provides excellent customer service
- Completes reporting and analysis accurately, on time, and using appropriate systems and processes
- Applies sound judgment and ensures decisions are aligned with relevant policies and regulations
- Creates and provides training as appropriate
- May manage or guide the work of others
- Assists in accomplishing site, department, and Palo Alto Unified goals
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance to fully meet work responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of contemporary software, relevant technology standards, and relational databases
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders to design and enhance computer software and systems based on user and Palo Alto Unified needs
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications and communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to users
- Ability to proactively solve problems and use sound judgment in decision-making
- Effective customer service skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze large data sets and communicate insights
- Ability to effectively prioritize, manage timelines, and meet time-related goals
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, guiding the work of self and others Ability to train others
- Ability to travel to sites across Palo Alto Unified
- Understanding and application of appropriate policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally organize, lift, deliver, distribute and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PAUSD is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state and local laws