Computer Lab Assistant
Salary range: 29
Reports to: Site Principal
Under general supervision, maintain School Computer Lab including reservations; assist teachers and students, assist in prioritizing learning experiences for the Computer Lab; operate and supervise use of computer and Lab software, perform a variety of clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel, and provide Tier One Technical/Helpdesk assistance throughout the School Site.
- B.A. degree or equivalent required, including or supplemented by courses or technical training in computer hardware and peripheral devices as related to their setup, operation and maintenance in a networked environment; experience with wide variety of Mac and Windows systems
- B.A. degree in IT/Computer Science preferred
- Satisfactory experience working with desktop operating systems and providing customer service as it relates to trouble shooting, installing and supporting the use of computer hardware and software
- Satisfactory work history
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Tutor students individually or in small groups to instruct, reinforce and follow up with learning activities or the use of computer software and hardware
- Oversee and supervise students during time in the Computer Center
- Assist in the development of a variety of computer software and manuals
- Maintain student records and attendance when using the computer center
- Maintain discipline in the absence of the teacher
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as filing, duplicating materials, etc.
- Assist in the collection and management of student testing data
- Provide repair services for all computers, monitors and peripheral equipment in the lab
- Make decisions based on established policy and procedures
- Maintain security of confidential information
- Troubleshoot Tier One technical problems encountered by staff and provide answers to their questions
- Manage computer lab supplies and parts needed to complete daily responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Assume responsibility for supervision of students
- Program and operate computer, and assist others in the use of equipment
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient, warm, and receptive attitude towards students
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions, maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, parents and the general public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of computer education for students;
- English usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar;
- Techniques used in controlling and motivating students;
- General concepts of child growth and development and child behavior characteristics;
- Routine record keeping;
- General purposes and goals of public education;
- Keyboard skills of 35 wpm; 45 wpm preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office/classroom environment; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 Months
Revision Date: 08/04/2015
Initial date: 08/04/2015
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.