Salary range: 25
Reports to: Assistant Principal and/or Custodial Supervisor
Under general supervision, participate in the work of keeping a school plant or other district installation clear and orderly; and to perform related work as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in custodial work for large or medium size institutions, school experience preferred
- Satisfactory history of evaluations
- Successful experience using cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency in large or medium size institutions, school experience preferred
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Vacuum, sweep, scrub, mop, wax, and buff floors in school classrooms
- Clean offices, cafeterias, gymnasiums, and other buildings
- Refill paper and other sanitary holders
- Clean and polish chrome in bathroom areas
- Dust, wash, wax, and polish furniture and woodwork
- Clean and disinfect lavatories, drinking fountains, and waste containers
- Replace light bulbs, turn out lights and lock doors
- Pick up paper and other refuse from grounds
- Assist in preparing for special events
- Report sanitary and safety hazards and the need for repairs to proper authorities
- Direct visitors and safeguard District property
- Ensure that tools and equipment are properly cleaned, maintained, stored, and secured
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of methods, materials and equipment used in custodial work;
- Understanding of requirements for maintaining school buildings and grounds in a safe, clean, and orderly condition
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 70 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 04/07/2015
Initial date: 03/01/1974
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.