Data Visualization Analyst
Salary range: 50
Reports to: Director of Research Evaluation and Assessment
Under general supervision of the Director of Research Evaluation and Assessment, coordinate development, implementation, supervision, training, and support for student data management and reporting systems districtwide.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, and policies, including security of data
- Basic principles and operation of data operating system and various software packages
- Seven or more years of work experience with significant involvement in the area of databases and data security
- Minimum Baccalaureate degree with a major emphasis on Computer Science, Data Processing and Management, Information Systems, or a closely-related field.
- Lead the development of standards for student data handling
- Support, maintain, and enforce data quality and accuracy
- Provide training on data analysis, data systems and appropriate use of data to District staff
- Respond to and fulfill data requests from school sites and District administrators as directed and provide follow-up and subsequent support as requested
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain reporting templates, tools, frameworks, and dashboards
- Provide detailed analysis through data mining and troubleshooting
- Present clear findings and recommendations to leadership at various levels throughout the district
- Implement Strategic Plan and Board Focus Goals for Information Delivery
- Produce documentation for all assigned deliverables
- Report and recommend on emerging technologies and their potential application in the Department
- Coordinate efforts of software vendors and contract programmers regarding enhancements, custom reports, and problem solving
- Profile source system data to develop strong understanding of the data relationships, cardinality and quality of the data thereby helping in determining if the data can meet the high level goals of information and reporting needs; plan functional and test cycles
- Monitor and maintain the servers and services with System Administrator to optimize performance
- Serve as Department's technical liaison with the IT department to insure coordinated development paths
- Focus on customer service and provide results-oriented, time-saving value to end users.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated end-user problem solving and relationship management skills;
- Strong data visualization, reporting, and communications skills and abilities;
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen;
- Student information system data structures (Infinite Campus);
- Knowledge of Tableau and other business intelligence;
- Knowledge and experience manipulating data from a variety of data structures and formats;
- Enthusiasm and experience manipulating and translating data sets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach overhead.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 months
Revision Date: 03/21/2017
Initial date: 05/01/2016
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.