Digital Publications Supervisor
Salary range: 91
Reports to: Administrative Assistant to Superintendent
Under direction, responsible for the operation of the Digital Publications Department, including, but not limited to, digital publication/graphics work done for district administrators, departments and schools; maintenance of high quality work standards; maintenance of system administration tasks on the digital publications network; and related duties as required.
- A. A. degree desirable
- Any combination of formal training, experience and education, which demonstrates an ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Four years of responsible secretarial work experience, including one year at an executive secretarial or similar level
- Supervise publications layout, design and graphics
- Take notes on laptop computer at Board of Education meetings or study sessions and prepare accurate formal minutes from notes
- Type at a speed of 65 words per minute from clear copy
- Assist in the preparation of agendas and packets for the Board of Education meetings
- Occasionally serve as recorder at the Board of Education or study sessions
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Board of Education Policy and Procedures Manual
- Establish digital publication/graphics preparation procedures
- Help coordinate and prioritize work flow on all areas
- Schedule and assign a variety of work in digital publication/graphics area
- Coordinate special projects
- Assist district personnel with the preparation of publications, brochures, flyers, manuals booklets, including any graphics art work
- Confer with and advise district staff regarding various processes available in digital publication/graphics
- Estimate and order materials and supplies for all areas as needed
- Oversee maintenance of all equipment in all areas of the department and plan for future use and purchase of equipment
- Assist training, supervision and evaluation of the performance of department personnel
- Exercise initiative and judgment in resolving problems and in handling administrative details
- Coordinate the work of others
- Keep records and prepare reports
- Perform difficult graphics work involving judgment, accuracy and speed
- Interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Learn and apply a variety of information about district organization and function
- Use handbooks, reference materials and training manuals effectively
- Use advanced digital publication/graphics applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Use judgment, tact, patience and courtesy in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with District staff, the Board of Education, parents and the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical procedures;
- Understanding of practices and problems of operating a school district digital publications service;
- Basic financial record keeping practices and budget preparation methods;
- Principles of supervision and training of personnel;
- District standards and organization, educational terminology;
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to write, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Revision Date: 03/22/2017
Initial date: 06/15/2003
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.