Digital Publishing Operator II
Salary range: 33
Reports to: Print/Mail Supervisor
Under general supervision, responsible for operating various advanced computer software programs and dictation/transcription equipment to implement the smooth flow of information from various Departments and Schools; may assume some duties of Supervisor in his/her absence; related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; A.A. degree desirable
- At least four years of increasingly responsible secretarial and computer application experience
- Previous supervisory experience desirable
- Satisfactory history of employer evaluations
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Apply knowledge of District operations and exercise independent judgment
- Produce professionally formatted documents for publication, including use of graphics, such as brochures, manuals, charts, tables, brochures, reports, forms, tables, certificates, merged letters/labels, presentations, and other materials
- Make necessary grammatical corrections and supply punctuation to dictated material as needed
- Proofread and verify own work as well as others' work as needed
- Use simple cut-and-paste and graphic art techniques, both by hand and on-screen, as required
- Maintain security of confidential information
- Interact effectively with co-workers and clients
- Assist in the training of new personnel
- Assist Supervisor in System Administration tasks, as requested
- Assume some supervisory duties in Supervisor's absence, as requested
- Complete complex clerical work involving judgment, accuracy, and speed
- Type accurately from clear copy at 65 words per minute
- Operate transcription equipment
- Use with ease various advanced computer software programs, including, but not limited to, word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, graphics, utilities, and database programs
- Create basic web pages and/or convert documents as needed to be added to existing web pages
- With appropriate training, may be called upon to provide First Aid or CPR
- Related duties as assigned
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to use handbooks, reference materials, and training videos/manuals effectively;
- Knowledge of secretarial and clerical procedures, District organization, and educational terminology;
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Operation of transcription equipment;
- Various word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, graphics, utilities, and database programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, PageMaker, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, AppleWorks, FileMaker Pro, Netscape, and a working knowledge of Dreamweaver and Fireworks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to write, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Noise level is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 04/14/2000
Initial date: 09/01/1975
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.