Fiscal Services Manager
Salary range: CM IV
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Plan, direct, and implement budgetary, accounting, and other fiscal functions under direction of the Business Manager; related duties as required.
- Training and experience equivalent to graduation from college with a B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or a closely related field
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional Accounting or school Business Management experience
- At least three years of supervisory experience and organization level budget development responsibility.
- Develop and manage District budget, including all income and expenditure accounts, funds, and account groups
- Supervise the recording and maintenance of all financial transactions
- Coordinate annual financial and other audits
- Maintain relationships with outside agencies and organizations relating to budget, accounting, and other fiscal matters
- Plan, organize, recommend, and implement budgetary, accounting, and other fiscal procedures
- Perform internal audits
- Prepare data for financial projections, research studies, and negotiations
- Prepare, file, and manage mandated cost claims and other financial claims and reimbursements
- Assist budget managers in developing and managing budgets
- Coordinate financial and other audits
- Supervise, train, and effectively manage staff and non-personnel resources
- Advise colleagues in matters of fiscal management
- Assist Chief Business Officer with other tasks as assigned
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of principles and methods of modern public business administration and management;
- Governmental accounting, auditing and inventory control procedures;
- Financial analysis and research methodology and procedures;
- Principles of supervision and training;
- Ability to assemble, analyze, and utilize data to economically further the educational pursuits of the District;
- Ability to maintain high performance standards under stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 06/23/2009
Initial date: 07/01/1992
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.
No portion of this job description shall supersede the Master Agreement between the Palo Alto Management Association and the Palo Alto Unified School District and applicable State or federal laws. Any changes in working conditions applicable to the current agreement shall be subject to negotiations at the demand of either party.