Food Services Assistant I
Salary range: 13
Reports to: Food Services Supervisor
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Assist in the preparation of meal components following standard procedures
- Assist in the packing and heating of meal components
- Assist in the preparation and packing of adult meals
- May supervise student helpers
- Operate barbecue
- Assist in cleaning dishes, trays, pots, pans, utensils and kitchen equipment
- Assist in the serving of food to students and faculty
- Clean work and dining areas and dispose of refuse
- Ensure that tools and equipment are properly cleaned, maintained, stored and secured
- Prepare and set-up food for students and staff
- Serve food to students and staff according to established procedures
- Wash and assemble food items and ingredients
- Maintain food service equipment and facilities in a clean and sanitary manner
- Follow health and sanitation requirements
- Meet schedule and timelines
- Understand and follow written direction
- Work cooperatively with others
- Communicate effectively with students and staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of common kitchen appliances and utensils;
- Basic methods of preparing food;
- Sanitation and safety practices in food preparation;
- Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements;
- Basic math skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 months
Revision Date: 11/05/1999
Initial date: 03/01/1974
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.