Food Services Lunch Server/Record Keeper
Salary range: 13
Reports to: Food Services Supervisor
Under supervision, serve lunches to students at their school sites; related bookkeeping work as required.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
- Assist in the preparation of vegetables, meats and other foods for serving
- Assist in the preparation of salads, desserts, fruits, sandwiches and other foods
- Place orders for milk and next-day sides
- Assist in the serving of food to students and faculty
- Assist in cleaning and storing dishes, trays, pots and pans, utensils, and other cafeteria equipment and food supplies
- Clean work and dining areas, and dispose of refuse
- Ensure that tools and equipment are properly cleaned, maintained, stored and secured
- Generate deposits
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicate and work well with students
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Basic computer literacy;
- Basic methods of preparing food;
- Use of common kitchen appliances and utensils;
- Sanitation and safety requirements in food preparation;
- Demonstrated ability to withstand the stresses associated with the tasks outlined in this position description.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 months
Revision Date: 07/01/2016
Initial date: 07/01/2016
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.