Food Services Van Driver
Salary range: 21
Under supervision, operate Food Services van; deliver food and supplies to Elementary, Middle and High Schools; deliver and dispense lunches at school sites; pick up food, supplies, equipment, paperwork and money from school sites; assist with the organization and movement of items in storerooms and freezers; collect materials for recycling/compost; related work as required.
- High School Diploma
- Have and maintain valid and appropriate California Driver's License and driving record that meets Palo Alto Unified School District's insurance requirements.
- Pick up van from bus garage
- Fill thermal bags with packed meal components
- Reconcile meals delivered with meals ordered
- Load van
- Operate, gas, clean, and care for Food Services van;
- Make deliveries
- Dispense lunches
- Pick up cash and sign daily log
- Pick up equipment and leftover food from school sites
- Clean bags and racks
- Maintain cleanliness of van
- Report any malfunctions to Vehicular Maintenance
- Collect recyclable/compostable materials
- Additional related tasks as needed
- Ensure that tools and equipment are properly cleaned, maintained, stored and secured.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a light van in a safe and efficient manner;
- Interpretation and application of proper Sanitation and Safety Procedures for Institutional Food Preparation;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work quickly, lifting bulky items;
- Relate well with those contacted in the course of work and demonstrate ability to withstand stresses associated with tasks outlined in this position description.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 months
Revision Date: 04/08/2015
Initial date: 07/01/1976
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.