Salary range: 26
Reports to: Principal or Assistant Principal
Under general supervision, render first aid to pupils, maintain daily records of student attendance, prepare attendance reports, perform other related work as required at a middle school.
- A.A. degree or equivalent required, including or supplemented by courses or technical training in methods and practices of financial record keeping, bookkeeping methods and terminology and computer accounting systems, B.A. degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Advance skill using a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, accounting software and communication software
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in the maintenance of financial or statistical records for large or medium sized institutions, including experience in attendance accounting desirable
- History of satisfactory employer evaluations
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Completion of current first aid and CPR courses
- RN license desirable.
- Render first aid to pupils
- Stock and distribute first aid boxes
- Responsible for pupil health and immunization records
- May record vision and hearing test results
- Assist with disaster preparedness
- Contact parents regarding illness/absence of students
- Create and mail truancy and tardy letters
- Manage (notification, record, coordinate with teachers, etc.) daily detention based on student attendance
- Personally perform attendance accounting work which involves data entry for each period or by day
- Maintain computer records required for attendance accounting
- Transmit required health and attendance information to the district office
- Assist with data processing needs at a middle school
- Assist with telephones and public relations in the front office
- Apply district rules and policies concerning student attendance
- Learn and interpret specific rules, laws and policies and apply them with good judgment in a variety of procedural situations
- Maintain student records on the computer; deal effectively with parents and students in a wide variety of situations concerning health and attendance issues, understand the complexities of desk top printers
- Type at a rate of not less than 50 words a minute
- Use a varieties of software including Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, Quicken and PAUSD Student Data Management
- Demonstrate ability to use a personal computer
- Meet physical and/or mental requirements associated with tasks outlined in this position description
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of District first aid and attendance accounting procedures;
- Office methods, computer equipment;
- Receptionist techniques;
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Ability to administer first aid/CPR.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Revision Date: 11/08/2012
Initial date: 07/01/1991
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.