Human Resources Technician II
Salary range: 30
Reports to: Classified Human Resources Coordinator
Under general supervision, maintain personnel records, perform new employee orientations, and perform highly specialized duties requiring technical knowledge. Interact effectively with people and maintain strict confidentiality; related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; A.A. degree desirable
- At least four years of increasingly responsible clerical experience
- Computer skills required
- Knowledge of School District desirable.
- Maintain permanent records on personnel as to annual assignments, payroll, promotions, transfers, leaves of absence, longevity, TB testing, anniversary increases
- Contact Administrators for necessary information
- Responsible for transmittal/distribution of appropriate correspondence to employees
- Responsible for the distribution, logging, posting, and follow up on employee evaluation forms
- Assist in the preparation of permanent personnel records
- Distribute, logs, posts, and follows up on employee evaluation forms
- Process and maintain records pertaining to professional growth
- Respond as needed and appropriate to employment verification requests
- Assist in preparation of statistical records for State, County, District, and educational organizations
- Maintain accurate Human Resources records
- Learn and interpret specific rules, laws, and policies and apply them with good judgment in a variety of procedural situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and firmness
- Operate a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, and communication software with accuracy
- Carry out verbal and written instructions independently
- Perform complex clerical work in the maintenance of personnel records and make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately
- Compose letters and prepare reports with accuracy
- Work independently and analyze situations accurately, adopting an effective course of action
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Email clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact and judgment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Microsoft Word and Excel; Filemaker Pro, Works, or other database software;
- Proper English usage, grammar, and spelling
- Office management practices, including filing systems, receptionist and telephone techniques, and operation of modern office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 09/05/2001
Initial date: 02/05/2001
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.