Information/Technology Support Supervisor
Salary range: 93
Reports to: Director of Educational Technology
Under the general supervision of the Director of Technology, supervise purchasing, installation, distribution, support and tracking of computer hardware and software for the district; train, assign, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned computer specialist personnel; coordinate the movement and distribution of hardware and software resources.
Equivalent to graduation from accredited college or university with a major in business administration or related field, and/or four years experience in buying computer hardware and software, and tracking inventory.
Appropriate experience in purchasing and supervision may be substituted for the college requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Apply technical knowledge of computer hardware and software for problem evaluation and repair assessment
- Administer assigned network servers; test hardware and software before placing with users
- Establish and implement procedures for system monitoring and problem determination and resolution
- Establish and communicate procedures for documenting problems and repairs
- Maintain records of problems and repairs
- Conduct routine maintenance, troubleshoot problems, determine nature of user-generated repair requests, perform minor repairs of equipment
- Communicate with users and assign appropriate personnel for repair of equipment
- Oversee software duplication, installation, and backup
- Establish procedures and load and/or manage loading of software onto district computers
- Assist in providing training for staff on the care and use of hardware and software
- Supervise the Computer Specialist staff; distribute Help Desk workflow; track computer hardware, software and accessories of the district
- Train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel
- Purchase computer hardware and software for the district
- Oversee computer purchase orders, budgets, vendor contacts, and hardware and software inventory
- Implement, monitor and assure compliance with District policies, procedures, laws and regulations as related to purchasing function, licensing, and copyright
- Review requisitions to evaluate the types of purchases to be made, possible vendors, specification requirements and other similar considerations
- Consult with departmental representatives concerning their needs and advise them of new product offerings; confer with vendors and manufacturers to acquaint them with the policies and practices of the district and to solicit information on their products and services
- Follow up on purchase orders, investigate complaints and secure adjustments, conduct tests on products, maintain current listings of district suppliers and information on products
- Maintain adequate stock to fulfill the needs of the district and judge the quality of products offered for use by the district
- Determine order quantities, set delivery schedules
- Evaluate vendor service, dispose of old or damaged supplies and equipment
- Participate in meetings; prepare reports and correspondence
- Plan, organize and direct an I/T support operation
- Maintain current knowledge of materials available
- Maintain knowledge of price trends in the area of assignment
- Analyze usage patterns and utilize the most effective methods of storage and delivery
- Prepare correspondence
- Maintain records
- Operate a computer with accuracy
- Make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy
- Understand and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Work independently
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Effectively train and furnish work directions to others
- Provide quality customer service
- Perform other related work as assigned
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing;
- Methods used in competitive purchasing;
- Current market conditions and prices on various types of supplies and equipment, and sources of supplies and services;
- Stock control, inventory procedures and record keeping;
- Procedures on record keeping methods;
- Interpersonal relations skills, using tact, patience and courtesy;
- Operation, adjustment and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment;
- Productivity, word processing, database, spread sheet, desktop publishing, drawing/illustration, image editing, and presentation software;
- Web browsers, e-mail, and web page creation;
- Hardware and software configurations and troubleshooting;
- Basic printer connectivity/networking;
- Safe practices in computer lab activities;
- Effective record keeping techniques;
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Revision Date: 03/28/2017
Initial date: 02/08/2001
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.