IT Service Desk Technician
Salary range: 31
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Provide Frst Tier application support for parents, staff and students, primarily for Infinite Campus, Schoology and the iConnect program. Perform database changes through the user interface, including accounts, permissions and data modification. Perform database queries of moderate complexity.
Develop IT application knowledgebase and maintain web-based documentation. Perform data cleaning tasks. Analyze data and identify trends. Respond to and route requests received via the Infinite Campus, Schoology and District Helpdesk telephone lines and email accounts.
Update the PAUSD.org and BOB websites and the IT knowledge base. Work with vendors and maintain consumables inventory.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science Information Systems or Electrical Engineering Technology, plus a minimum of two years experience with the major job responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of Infinite Campus is required
- Experience working with databases and performing database queries is required
- Experience working with content management solutions is required
- Customer support experience is desired
- Spanish fluency is strongly desired.
- Assist staff, parents, students, community members and vendors who come to the PAUSD IT office
- Assist parents, students and staff with Infinite Campus and Schoology issues, including account and permission issues
- Monitor incoming requests sent to support at pausd.org, infinitecampus at pausd.org and iconnect at pausd.org,
- Create support tickets; be the first line of support to resolve issues of limited complexity and assign more complex issues to the correct person for the ticket according to escalation/services matrix
- Answer the Help Desk support line, the Infinite Campus support line and the iConnect Support Line
- Schedule appointments for maintenance of iConnect computers
- Generate usage reports and help identify trends in support requests
- Create and maintain an IT Knowledge Base
- Maintain documentation for Schoology, Infinite Campus, iConnect and other IT-owned content on the PAUSD.org website and BOB; Proactively add new content as identified through interactions with other staff, parents and students
- Contact vendors to obtain quotes, follow up on work in progress and resolve issues
- Create purchase orders, process invoices and, in cooperation with Business Services, resolve vendor issues
- Work with external service providers to support the E-rate process
- Schedule meetings and events
- Keep a clean and organized workplace
- Procure supplies for Department and maintain inventories of consumables (SMARTBoard lamps, peripherals etc) for District-wide use as needed
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Demonstrate initiative and the willingness to learn new skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of Infinite Campus, including the ability to look up parents, households, relationships, permissions and user accounts and setup user accounts; troubleshoot common login issues and reset passwords;
- Basic data analysis skills;
- Excellent training skills, including the ability to help students, parents and staff with activities such as logging into Schoology and Infinite Campus, setting up user security preferences and performing routine staff functions, such as data changes;
- Ability to perform database queries of moderate complexity;
- Ability to perform database changes through the user interface;
- Basic troubleshooting skills, including the ability to characterize system problems and escalate to Tier 2 support as needed;
- Ability to assist parents and staff with Online Registration (OLR) and/or Annual Data Update (ADU);
- Strong writing and organizational skills;
- Understanding of Content Management solutions and website migration;
- Proficiency in use of the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications;
- Excellent customer support, including in-person, online and phone skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to handle unique requests;
- Ability to communicate and influence others;
- A 'self-starter' mentality;
- Dedication to continuous professional improvement and innovation;
- Ablity to function as an integral part of a motivated and dynamic team;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 10/22/2013
Initial date: 10/22/2013
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.