Landscape Person I
Salary range: 27
Reports to: Landscape Supervisor
(Person in this position may advance to Landscape Person II through the reclassification process.)
Under general direction of the Landscaping Supervisor or Landscape Person III, perform landscaping duties for maintenance and beautification of district facilities. Perform complex landscaping tasks; related work as required.
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to completion of the eighth grade
- One year experience in landscaping work
- Have and maintain a valid California drivers license and driving record that assures insurability by district's carrier.
- Maintain district facilities landscaping
- Assist in moving and/or repairing District athletic and play equipment
- Assist in maintaining asphalt areas
- Prepare, mark, and maintain district athletic fields
- Repair and install district fencing
- Mow and edge lawn areas
- Rake and pick up leaves
- Prepare soils for planting
- Remove and control weeds
- Operate motorized equipment
- Care for and adjust of tools and equipment used in School District landscaping
- Learn and apply safety procedures related to landscape maintenance
- Learn and utilize regulation field markings for various athletic activities
- Communicate clearly and in detail
- Work effectively and maintain cooperative relationship with all staff, students, and the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of tools, materials, and equipment used in maintaining school district landscaping;
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions;
- Ability to learn to safely operate and adjust motorized, power, and hand tools used in landscaping maintenance;
- Knowledge of safety procedures related to landscape maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 70 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 03/25/2014
Initial date: 09/24/2002
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.