Landscape Person II
Salary range: 30
Reports to: Department Head
Under general direction of the Landscaping Supervisor or Landscape Person III, perform landscaping duties for maintenance and beautification of District facilities. Perform complex landscaping tasks; related work as required.
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to completion of the eighth grade
- One year experience in landscaping work
- Have and maintain valid California driver's license and driving record that assures insurability by district's carrier.
- Assist in training of Landscape Person I
- Maintain landscaping of District facilities.
- Operate motorized equipment
- Prepare, mark, and maintain District athletic fields
- Repair and install District fencing
- Move and/or repair District athletic and play equipment
- Maintain asphalt areas
- Mow and edge lawn areas
- Rake and pick up leaves
- Prepare soils for planting
- Remove and control weeds
- Safely operate motorized, power, and hand tools used in landscaping maintenance
- Understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Work effectively and maintain cooperative relationship with all staff, students, and public
- Communicate clearly and in detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of tools, materials, and equipment used in maintaining School District landscaping;
- Care and adjustment of tools and equipment used in School District landscaping;
- Methods used in development and maintenance of landscaped areas;
- Regulation field markings for various athletic activities;
- Safety procedures related to landscape maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 70 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 03/25/2014
Initial date: 09/24/2002
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.