Maintenance Person II
Salary range: 34
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Under supervision, perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work in the maintenance, construction, and/or repair of buildings and equipment; related work as required.
- One year of skilled experience as Maintenance Person I in one or more of the building maintenance trades
- Able to carry out oral and written directions
- Read, write, and speak at a level sufficient to fulfill the duties to be performed for the position described
- Any combination of training and/or experience that could provide the desired knowledge and abilities
- Have and maintain a valid California Driver's License.
- Perform semi-skilled and skilled work in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, glazing and locksmithing
- Use a wide variety of hand and proper tools and equipment
- Perform heavy manual labor and routine maintenance and cleaning of tools and equipment
- Maintain records of time spend and materials used on assigned projects
- Perform skilled work in one or more of the building maintenance trades
- Use the tools and equipment necessary in the repair and maintenance of installations
- Work from sketches, drawings and blueprints
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Perform heavy manual labor
- Operate vehicles safely and in accordance with traffic laws
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices of the building maintenance trades including the methods, material, equipment used in installation, alteration and repair work;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of safety practices and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 08/29/2001
Initial date: 07/01/1990
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.