Maintenance Tradesperson I
Salary range: 38
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Under limited supervision, assist and/or individually perform skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work of District buildings, grounds, and equipment; related work as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years experience at the Journeyman level within the trade or any combination of training and experience which would equal the required levels of knowledge and skill
- History of satisfactory work experience
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor
- Advanced skill in the operation of hand and shop tools and powered equipment common to the trade
- Ability to perform basic computer operation
- Have and maintain a valid California Driver's License.
- Perform skilled work related to keeping District's buildings, facilities, and equipment clean and in proper working order
- Apply skills in one or more of the following trades: office/instructional equipment, electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry, HVAC, electronics
- Maintain and repair pipelines, plumbing fixtures, and electrical appliances; repair windows, doors, floors, and other building facilities
- Prepare and preparing a wide variety of surfaces
- Plan and lay out assigned tasks
- Perform other duties connected with trades listed above
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools and equipment
- Perform heavy manual labor
- Maintain records of time spent and material used on assigned projects
- Work on scaffolding
- Bend, lift, stand, work around hazardous materials and equipment
- Perform high level maintenance work in one of the Building or Mechanical Trades
- Use tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Work from sketches and blueprints
- Keep accurate records
- Follow and give oral and written directions
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of standard methods, materials, equipment and terms used in one or more of the building or mechanical trades;
- Fundamentals and shop practices in one or more of the building or mechanical trades;
- Knowledge and understanding of Trade Codes in one or more of the building mechanical trades;
- Safety practices and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 03/31/2017
Initial date: 02/11/2011
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.