Manager IT Projects
Salary range: Manager II
Reports to: IT Director
Lead, coordinate, and implement IT infrastructure projects of varying size, complexity and duration. Analyze existing IT systems and tools and design, develop, document and implement improved systems and tools. Lead the development and implementation of PAUSD's enterprise architecture and IT Plan of Record. Manage vendor relationships. May manage engineers and technicians.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively more responsible experience participating in and leading technical project teams
- Experience leading IT infrastructure development projects of varying size and complexity required
- Experience developing and managing an IT Plan of Record or similar governance tool required
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise architectures preferred
- IT portfolio management experience preferred.
- Define, plan and implement a portfolio of IT projects of varying degrees of complexity and duration. Implement best practices including contingency planning and risk management. Lead and influence other District staff members as appropriate to complete projects
- Analyze existing IT infrastructure solutions; implement, automate (where possible) and document improved/new processes
- Define, track, and report project metrics
- Manage project budgets
- Lead the development of the District's IT Plan of Record
- Lead the development of the District's Enterprise Architecture
- Develop procedures, operating guides and other documentation necessary for the efficient and effective completion of assigned responsibilities
- Evaluate, design, facilitate, and implement new technologies within PAUSD
- Develop technical specifications for bids and procurement
- Help establish and evaluate new technologies
- Lead and mentor engineers and technicians
- Provide backup to engineers, technicians and project managers as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Develop, establish, and maintain working relationships with management, staff, users, vendors and others in the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience managing large and/or multiple full-life-cycle projects;
- Ability to plan, monitor and resource projects;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the theory of project management and project management tools;
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure systems;
- Experience managing an IT Plan of Record or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of Enterprise IT architecture;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills;
- The ability to lead and mentor others;
- Leadership qualities: Integrity, attention to detail, timeline sensitivity and goal orientation;
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative;
- Portfolio management experience is preferred;
- Experience working across multiple IT domains and/or industries preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Revision Date: 04/17/2017
Initial date: 02/08/2011
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.
No portion of this job description shall supersede the Master Agreement between the Palo Alto Management Association and the Palo Alto Unified School District and applicable State or federal laws. Any changes in working conditions applicable to the current agreement shall be subject to negotiations at the demand of either party.