Salary range: 46
Reports to: Network Manager
This position involves work outside the normal workday as required to complete equipment implementations and resolve system failures.
Under the general supervision of the Network Manager and in collaboration with Site Administration, maintain Network services, follow operational policies and procedures, and work with end-users at School Sites. Support the Computer Application Specialists and Network Engineer, and in their absence assume some of their basic responsibilities; related work as required.
- Experience and training in basic network troubleshooting (wired and wireless) and local server and network administration
- Basic knowledge of fiber optic and copper Cat5e/Cat6 cable systems, VoIP, and phone systems
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware and software; knowledge of documentation techniques
- Experience in multimedia technology; ability to assimilate new product specifications and capabilities and relate them to user requirements
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows and MacOS) and software applications
- Experience with the following techniques preferred; Juniper network equipment, ShoreTel phone systems, and Meraki wireless networks.
- Provide Tier 1 Technical Support for all Network issues
- Work independently and as part of a team to meet common goals, schedules, and timelines
- Troubleshoot problems encountered by staff or identified by monitoring tools and provide a timely resolution via email, telephone, or in person
- Provide Tier 2 networking and services support for assigned services
- Deploy and manage Network Devices and Systems
- Escalate unresolved issues as needed until issues are resolved
- Track all unresolved issues to closure via the District's IT Helpdesk
- Escalate vendor-specific issues and action items and close the loop with customers when issue is resolved
- Proactively assess and implement Information Technology Security Procedures in accordance with industry best practices and environment policy
- Maintain an accurate equipment inventory
- Maintain licensing information to ensure compliance with licensing requirements for assigned equipment and services
- Follow Change Management Procedures and update Network Documentation accordingly
- Independently complete assigned Network projects in a timely manner
- Use Network Management System and perform automation of alerts and notifications
- Collaborate with other members of the Network Team as required, including performing duties that are not part of the normal position responsibilities
- Create User Guides for Network Services for faculty (end customers) and IT staff
- Train staff in the use and maintenance of Network services and equipment
- Educate staff on the safe and secure use of technology
- Continue to learn about technologies and techniques related to assigned duties
- Make decisions based on established policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain security of confidential information
- Analyze and resolve complex technical issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to install and configure new hardware and software for all types of network devices;
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software related issues for all deployed devices;
- Manage devices with both Mac and Windows operating systems in an Enterprise environment;
- Use imaging tools for mass deployment of new hardware and upgrades;
- Manage and configure servers;
- Understand, implement, and teach information security best practices;
- Understand and follow technical documentation and directions
- Dynamically prioritize work throughout the day, as needs change;
- Ability to use good technical judgement;
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Self-motivation and organization;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written reports or memos;
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities and handle a variety of situations requiring tact, judgement, poise, and firmness;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This Position Requires Thorough Knowledge of:
- School District Policies, rules, and regulations;
- Effective record-keeping techniques;
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Directory services (AD, LDAP, OD);
- Microsoft server and Unix/Linux server administration;
- OSI architecture and TCP/IP stack;
- Multicast, L2 switching and L3 routing protocols;
- Wireless standards including 802.11/a/g/n, WE/WPA/WPA2;
- Basic understanding of VoIP protocols including RTP and SIP;
- Types of fiber and copper cable systems including but not limited to SM, UTP/STP, CAT5e, Cat6, and RJ-45;
- Firewall techniques including ACL;
- Understanding of NAT/PAT;
- SNMP, RADIUS, and TACACS protocols;
- Procedures and best practices of Enterprise scale deployment of clients and users;
- Operation and administration of disaster prevention and recovery strategies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 04/26/2017
Initial date: 02/13/2013
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.