Salary range: 97
Reports to: Manager of Maintenance, Operations and Construction
Under the direction of Manager-Maintenance Operations and Construction, plan, organize and supervise the training of grounds/landscaping personnel and activities at schools and District sites; supervise District and contracted security personnel and activities; train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
- Any combination equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible experience in grounds maintenance, landscaping or related experience
- One year in a lead capacity and/or equivalent leadership experience
- Plan, organize and direct District and contracted security personnel and activities; develop plans and procedures related to security personnel
- Communicate with various departments in the development and implementation of new and existing programs
- Plan and implement preventive measures to prevent incidents
- Organize and supervise District grounds maintenance and gardening activities involved in the beautification of grounds and landscaped areas; plan, develop and implement landscaping and gardening projects; implement irrigation and mowing schedules; oversee the installation, maintenance and operation of irrigation systems; supervise the application of pest control methods to eradicate weeds and other pests according to established procedures.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions; coordinate work assignments and review work to assure compliance with established standards, requirements and procedures; assure employee understanding of established requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, schedule and conduct the employee training program for grounds, security and Spangenberg personnel.
- Supervise theater operations, activities and personnel as directed; coordinate the use of theater facilities by the District and community groups; organize and direct theater preparation, set-up, maintenance and cleaning functions as directed.
- Initiate and conduct complex investigations of incidents related to security, trespassers, facilities, personnel and other related issues; prepare related reports and files and assure accuracy of information reported.
- Coordinate and perform public playground inspection activities.
- Perform a variety of skilled maintenance and grounds activities as necessary.
- Communicate with District personnel, various outside agencies and the public to exchange information, coordinated activities and resolve issues and concerns.
- Initiate effective and timely responses to incidents; conduct investigations; implement preventive measure to prevent incidents; resolve emergency requests personally or by assignment.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the annual preliminary budget for assigned areas.
- Coordinate and supervise assigned capital improvement projects.
- On call for emergency situations including emergency response rotation.
- Review and evaluate Department inventory levels; order materials and supplies according to established procedures.
- Attend and participate in various meetings and committees as assigned.
- Perform a variety of technical duties involved in the management of organizational energy consumption
- Coordinate communications, resources and information to assure smooth, efficient and effective energy use and allocation
- Plan, organize and direct security personnel
- Assess training needs of personnel, plan and evaluate training programs for assigned personnel
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel
- Initiate effective and timely responses to incidents
- Meet schedules and time lines
- Work independently with little direction
- Plan and organize work
- Prepare comprehensive reports
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Direct the maintenance of various records related to assigned activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A thorough knowledge of planning, organization and direction of operations and activities involved in the inspection, new construction, maintenance and repair of District buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment;
- Effective training and personnel practices;
- Requirements of maintaining facilities, grounds and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition;
- Proper methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in grounds maintenance, construction, maintenance or repair activities including power-driven equipment. Drive a vehicle to conduct work;
- Planning, organization and management of District security personnel;
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures related to assigned activities;
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 03/28/2017
Initial date: 09/20/2005
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.