Printing and Mail Services Clerk
Salary range: 22
Reports to: Mail Services Supervisor
Under supervision, sort and distribute mail for District Offices and Departments. Assist District personnel with US bulk mailings; do a variety of routine tasks such as stapling, book binding, paper cutting, maintaining and operating a copy machine; perform other duties involved in production work in the Document Publications / Mail Service Department.
- High School Diploma or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- History of satisfactory employer evaluations
- Ability to perform basic computer operations
- Have and maintain a valid California Driver's License
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Act as a receptionist for the Department, consistantly maintaining a warm and friendly manner with students, staff, parents and the general public
- Collect and distribute mail and inter-departmental correspondence or other material within District Offices
- Learn office rules and policies
- Label for delivery
- Operate postage metering equipment
- Deliver mail to Post Office, and register and return receipts to originating Department as requested
- Use proper telephone techniques
- Perform duties involved in production work, including but not limited to operation of various pieces of equipment, such as folding, drilling, binding, and stapling machines
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Make simple arithmetical calculations
- Operate standard office machines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic filing skills;
- Basic record keeping skills, sorts, alphabetizes, and files material, and operate office equipment;
- Basic elements of good English usage, spelling, and arithmetic;
- Knowledge of office methods and equipment;
- The ability to work cooperatively and get along with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and reach overhead.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office/Mail Service environment; the employee is occaisonally exposed to risk of electrical shock or to fumes or airborne particles. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 12/05/2014
Initial date: 07/01/1978
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.