Program Evaluation Coordinator (Certificated/Classified)
Salary range: Director I
Reports to: Director of Research, Evaluation, and Assessment
Responsible for designing and conducting evaluation activities related to curriculum, instruction, and assessment. The Program Evaluation Coordinator is a member of the Department of Research, Evaluation, and Assessment and reports to the Director of Research, Evaluation, and Assessment.
Master's degree in statistics, psychology or related social science field
Three to five years of experience in an analysis position or related field; preferably with experience in public education
Significant experience in applied quantitative and qualitative evaluation, high level statistical skills, excellent writing skills, and ability to communicate research results to many audiences
Ability to pass a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint clearance
Demonstrated experience in conducting research, data analysis, and program evaluation in a K-12 public school setting
Specific preparation in educational assessment and evaluation, including graduate level course work in research methods, statistical analysis, program evaluation, survey research, and psychometrics
Within 60 days of start, provision of TB (tuberculin) clearance, as mandated by the California Education Code
- Design, prepare, and analyze studies of academic programs across multiple K-12 site
- Create program logic models (Theory of Change) and associated evaluation plans for all academic intervention programs
- Formulate and execute specialized research studies to assess the overall effectiveness of program
- Process and interpret data from a variety of sources, communicating the results to serve all School and District leaders
- Develope institutional effectiveness measures, in conjunction with school leadership, as needed for Local Control Accountability Plans (LCAP), Single Plans for Student Achievement (SPSA), and School Accountability Report Cards (SARC)
- Document the District's intended outcomes and their relation to Goals and Mission
- Participate actively on committees as appropriate to support institutional effectiveness or research/planning
- Facilitate effective use of student, grade, and school level data in the Schoolzilla assessment tracking system
- Trend analysis to predict future needs
- Special projects for senior leadership as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Utilize statistical software to analyze data from a variety of sources
- Provide information, technical assistance and analysis to support decision making for all areas of the District.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of Response to Intervention (RtI) or multi-tiered support programs;
- Teacher Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), especially work aligned with Common Core State Standards;
- (CCSS) and Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBAC);
- Counseling programs;
- Ability to produce and communicate written and oral information in a professional manner to a wide variety of internal and external audiences;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines and work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Knowledge and understanding of survey development and administration and qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis;
- Experience using Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) and/or Tableau;
- Ability to uitilize data manipulation in a statistical environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials and information;
- Survey instruments commonly used in California (e.g. California Healthy Kids Survey, Developmental Assets Survey;
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate clearly with groups, and lead/coordinate internal and external projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee will frequently work at a computer and travel to attend meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment includes working directly with children. There are a number of activities and situations happening at once, and the employee must ensure that children are supervised at all times, and that children are involved in safe and appropriate activities. The employee must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
The job entails potential for exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes; exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases; and for interaction with disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
Revision Date: 04/11/2017
Initial date: 02/16/2017
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.
No portion of this job description shall supersede the Master Agreement between the Palo Alto Management Association and the Palo Alto Unified School District and applicable State or federal laws. Any changes in working conditions applicable to the current agreement shall be subject to negotiations at the demand of either party.