Salary range: 27
Reports to: Printing and Mail Services Supervisor
Under direct supervision, set up, adjust, monitor, and operate equipment contained in Digital Publications Department, including the Xerox DocuTech Production Publisher with booklet-maker. Operate small offset printing presses; related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience in a publishing center with experience in printing or graphic arts or jobs related to these functions
- Knowledge of print shop operations
- Knowledge and use of offset and other related equipment
- Experience with high volume copiers/duplicators.
- Operate Xerox Docutech in the publishing of a variety of reports, pamphlets, and publications, using system interface within established production goals to maximize quality and quantity of productivity
- Load and maintain system consumables
- Check and add supplies as needed
- Use the job management capabilities of the system's software
- Sort the jobs in the printer queue within system memory by selecting print priorities
- Utilize technical guides for troubleshooting and correction of system problems
- Prepare job tickets from user requests and interpret correct feature selection to produce proper output
- Manage jobs within the system; produce finished jobs and check system operation
- Separate standard jobs from signature ones
- Understand the various alternatives for output for both standard and complex jobs
- Adjust and operate offset printing machines
- Perform duties such as assembling, stapling, folding, trimming, binding, counting and padding of printed materials
- Operate supplemental equipment such as collators, stitchers, paper drills and cutters, folders, facsimile, copiers and related equipment
- Act as backup for mail room duties when necessary
- Enter input and job requirements to system
- Perform related work as required
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate system as a stand-alone;
- Experience working with written material;
- Experience selecting user interface options, scanner and printer features;
- Ability to work with numbers and mathematical problems including mathematical reasoning;
- Understanding of system configuration and safety rules;
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach overhead.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 04/21/2017
Initial date: 08/31/2012
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.