Site Custodial Supervisor
Salary range: 83
Reports to: Assistant Principal
Under the general supervision of the Site Assistant Principal and the Manager of Maintenance and Operations, supervise, oversee, and guide the work of other assigned Custodians to include substitute personnel. Personally perform work required to maintain the school and related buildings and adjacent grounds in a safe, sanitary and orderly condition. Perform a variety of custodial, grounds keeping, minor repairs, and related tasks associated with the upkeep of the facilities and grounds.
- Equivalent to High School Diploma and/or least one year experience in a supervisory and/or lead custodial position involving cleaning and maintaining building areas of 50,000 sq. ft. or more for which the most recent evaluation is satisfactory, or any combination of training and experience which may provide and be equivalent to the desired level of knowledge and skill
- Have and maintain a valid California Driver's license.
- Supervise others and ensure that scheduled work is done effectively
- Operate common and specialized cleaning equipment and tools
- Perform heavy physical labor to include lifting, pulling, pushing, and working off ladders
- Use hand and small power tools to accomplish minor repairs and adjustments
- Work without direct supervision, maintain schedules, set priorities, organize tasks, coordinate and instruct the work of others
- Adhere to safety standards and safe practices, especially in the handling and use of chemicals
- Carry out complex and/or multiple tasks, understand written and/or oral instructions
- Prepare accurate and maintain reports and records
- Confer with and keeps the principal informed on matters relating to the overall operation, safety, and healthy condition of the school site and associated relocatable buildings
- Assume responsibilities associated with maintaining the condition of the school in keeping with the established standards of safety, sanitation, orderliness and operating conditions including checking grounds for waste, vandalism, and hazardous conditions
- Perform general site inspections, records and reports discrepancies, generates work requests
- Perform the full range of custodial functions as required to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of all facilities and spaces at the site
- Arrange custodial services for a variety of special activities, including meetings, dances and athletic events
- Assist parents, students, faculty and visitors to the campus
- Perform minor repairs of the type requiring common hand tools
- Perform outside services which include but are not limited to sweeping of sidewalks and curbs, pickup of debris from grounds and play areas, cleans and maintains outside lunch areas
- Supervise, direct, oversee and guide the work of other assigned custodians to include substitute personnel
- Operate, maintain, and control custodial equipment
- Order custodial supplies and equipment to ensure a sufficient supply, control use, and storage of consumable supplies and materials
- Maintain records, provide reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain cooperative and productive working relationships through the use of courtesy and tact when dealing with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment related to the cleaning and maintenance of various surfaces, furniture, and equipment common to schools;
- Safety practices relating to the handling, storage and use of chemical cleaning products and custodial equipment;
- Cleaning, sanitation, and health standards;
- Thorough knowledge of use of limited materials and general handyman skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 70 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 02/05/2009
Initial date: 03/01/1974
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.