Student Information System Analyst
Salary range: 54
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, perform systems analysis and reporting related to the student information system. Analyze needs and design complex reports, systems and programs; assist end-users in the operation of systems; analyze alternative systems making comparisons and recommendations; related work as required.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, plus a minimum of five years of experience with the major job responsibilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, and Infinite Campus student information system desired.
- Make analytical studies of data processing procedures, systems and organizational structure in order to design and formulate new and revised methods of applying computer technology for the solution of operational management information and data processing needs
- Design, develops and implements computer programs to achieve desired results, test data, including testing and correcting programs to ensure proper form of input/output data
- Participate in review and definition of project areas including meeting and communicating in writing to end-users and the resolution of processing problems, or as related to, new service requests
- Conduct special studies, prepare reports of findings and recommendations, and prepares status reports
- Design and prepares report and related complex queries for end-users
- Evaluate, design, facilitate and implement solutions to other problems as needed
- Prepare documentation, write operational instructions, and prepare end-user manuals
- Conduct training sessions on topics related to essential job functions
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of master scheduling in a school environment;
- Student information system data structures (Infinite Campus SIS);
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio;
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services;
- Ability to lead and mentor others;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to communicate and influence others;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical and business problems;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Revision Date: 03/28/2017
Initial date: 07/01/2015
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.