Typist Clerk II
Salary range: 21
Reports to: Department Head/Assistant Principal
Under supervision, type a variety of materials and perform varied general clerical duties; related work as required.
- A.A. degree or equivalent required
- Three years of broad and varied clerical experience
- Keyboard at a minimum rate of 50 words per minute from ordinary transcript or printed material
- Current history of employer evaluations with satisfactory marks in all areas
- Have and maintain certification in First Aid and CPR
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical work including typing, proofreading, filing, checking and recording information on records
- Act as receptionist
- Assist in the registration of students
- Prepare simple statistical reports
- May administer first aid
- Assist with vision and hearing tests
- Answer telephone and give assistance to students or the general public, giving information as required
- Prepare, post, and file personnel records
- Compute and record hours of attendance for students
- Prepare transcripts of students' records;
- Type letters, memoranda, book lists, bulletins or other material from oral direction, rough draft copy, notes, etc.
- Collect and account for monies received for a variety of school purposes
- Operate modern office equipment and computer
- Sort and file documents and records according to predetermined classifications, maintaining alphabetical index and cross reference files
- Perform arithmetical calculations; mail out letters, forms and applications; receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Learn office rules, methods and policies
- Follow oral and written directions
- Perform work of moderate difficulty without close supervision
- Meet the public tactfully and courteously
- Keyboard at a speed of not less than 45 words per minute
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to assume responsibility and use good judgment;
- Make arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately;
- Basic elements of good English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Arithmetic and modern office methods and equipment;
- First aid and CPR;
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. Position may entail direct contact with students. Position may entail exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 Months
Revision Date: 02/09/2011
Initial date: 03/01/1974
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.