Typist Clerk III
Salary range: 24
Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of complex and responsible clerical or secretarial work of more than average difficulty; related work as required.
- A.A. degree or equivalent required
- Three years of broad and varied clerical experience
- Keyboard at a minimum rate of 50 words per minute from ordinary transcript or printed material
- Satisfactory work history
- Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Perform a wide variety of difficult clerical work, including typing, checking, and recording information, compiling information for and preparing reports, and maintaining file systems
- Review requisitions, prepare purchase orders, and order books, supplies, or other materials
- Maintain budgetary records
- Interview office visitors in person or over the telephone, and either answer questions concerning the department's activities, refer persons to another source of information, or schedule an appointment with the administrator
- Transcribe research reports and reports of meetings and interviews
- Compose, either independently or from oral instructions, letters requesting or giving information dealing with school district activities
- Prepare agenda and minutes of meetings
- Make arrangements for meetings and conferences
- Assist in scheduling and planning department
- Compile and prepare reports
- Operate modern office machines
- Receive, sort, screen, mark important sections, and distribute incoming mail
- Use expertly a variety of computer applications
- Learn and interpret specific rules, laws, and policies, and apply them with good judgment in a variety of procedural situations
- Perform responsible and difficult clerical work with accuracy and speed
- Deal effectively with public and staff
- Analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action
- Carry out verbal and written directions independently
- With appropriate training, may be called opon to give First Aide or CPR
- Meet physical and/or mental requirements associated with tasks outlined in this position description.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the particular department to which assigned;
- Microsoft Word, Filemaker and Excel software;
- Office management practices, modern equipment and procedures;
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. Position may involve working directly with students. Position may involve exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 10 months
Revision Date: 02/09/2011
Initial date: 02/09/2011
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.