Warehouse Attendant I
Salary range: 25
Reports to: Purchasing Supervisor
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, receive, prepare, and distribute incoming and outgoing supplies, mail, equipment, and furniture to various District and other locations; operate a District vehicle to conduct work.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a High School Diploma and one year's experience in storekeeping, warehousing, or related work.
Must have and maintain valid California driver's license and driving record that assures insurability by the district's carrier.
- Receive and record supplies and equipment for stock and check receipts
- Prepare space and store merchandise received
- Check purchase orders and material received to determine quality and quantity
- Operate a computer to code and verify requisitions, purchase orders, work order system, and related data as assigned
- Assist in maintaining and recording physical inventory, cycle-counts, asset inventory, and district records storage
- Prepare and record all incoming and outgoing merchandise, equipment, assets and e-waste, etc.
- Communicate with school and District personnel regarding the pick-up and delivery of orders
- Operate District vehicle and variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies, and hydraulic lift-gates
- Load, unload, and drive a truck to deliver various supplies to schools up to and including furniture and equipment
- See that the delivery truck is gassed, oiled, greased and washed
- Assist in keeping storeroom clean and orderly
- Answer telephone and respond to voicemail and e-mail in a timely manner
- Learn simple warehouse and stock record keeping procedures
- Follow written and oral directions
- Perform basic computer operation
- Execute basic math skills
- Use terminology of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and other warehouse documents
- Utilize space efficiently and effectively
- Maintain routine records
- Implement proper lifting and storage techniques
- Keep stores and storage facilities in clean and orderly fashion
- Observe health and safety regulations
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work using tact, courtesy, and patience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to perform basic computer operations;
- Use terminology of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and other warehouse documents;
- Utilize space efficiently and effectively;
- Basic math skills;
- Maintain routine records;
- Implement proper lifting and storage techniques.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 70 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 10/30/2014
Initial date: 10/30/2014
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.