Salary range: 42
Reports to: Documents/Publication Supervisor
Under general supervision, responsible for operating various advanced computer software programs, as well as web development and maintenance equipment, to implement the smooth flow of information from various Departments and Schools; related duties as required.
Requires excellent time- and project-management skills as well as organizational and personal skills to work with a variety of people. Strong design sense along with a methodical attention to detail. Ability to work as team member and independently with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; BA/BS degree desirable
- At least four years of computer application experience in Web Development, Publishing and Maintenance of computer software systems
- Experience with graphic design.
- Develop and maintain website work with a variety of content providers and Departments; also create content
- Design and maintain web-pages according to pre-established specifications, maintaining quality control and a consistent overall look-and-feel
- Create new or additional web pages as needed
- Ensure the effectiveness of two-way communications process on the website by responding to or redirecting inquiries in a timely manner; identify web user needs based on this feedback and make suggestions to administrative superior for improvements to existing website
- Create and transform documents, forms, and data into PDF or HTML
- Implement time-sensitive updates to website information
- Assist other Department personnel as needed
- Develop and maintain our internet presence, based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals
- Create enhancements and modifications to our website
- Adapt to a changing scene with sometimes conflicting priorities; assess new standards, technologies and trends
- Maintain cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility so that the website is accessible from a variety of different environments
- Produce a consistent visual image on the site by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, layout techniques, and modularization, including maintenance of template and image archives
- Determine appropriate compression techniques, resolutions, sizes, color maps, and depths to insure that images are delivered to the viewer at sufficiently high speed and quality
- Manage links, ensuring that they are up to date
- Update information in pages and databases so that content is kept current
- Check bugs and problems, diagnose and fix them
- Ensure that all Webmaster mail receives timely responses
- Analyze traffic statistics and report on a monthly basis relevant information and the "what & why"
- Develop, research, lay out, write/edit new sections/features
- Produce professionally formatted documents for publication, including use of graphics, such as brochures, manuals, reports, forms, tables, certificates, charts, merged letters/labels, presentations, and other materials
- Maintain security of confidential information
- Use with ease various advanced computer software programs, including, but not limited to, word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, graphics, utilities, and database programs
- Create proficient HTML pages, including style sheets, templates, complex tables, frames and image maps
- Interact effectively with co-workers and clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency in both PC and Mac platforms;
- Ability to create, design and develop web pages and websites in a Windows/Mac based environment;
- Ability to create the overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages and creation of individual graphic elements for website pages;
- Print design, web design and web development skills, including proficiency with relevant programs
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Content Management Systems;
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize and execute assignments with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work on a variety of projects with specific deadlines simultaneously;
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple, time-sensitive assignments, and to maintain work records;
- Ability to conduct research, organize, analyze, prepare and present technical information;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, departmental representatives and general public.
- Thorough knowledge of District organization,
- Educational terminology;
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Familiarity with relational databases and ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Year: 12 Months
Revision Date: 03/28/2017
Initial date: 03/03/2003
Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.