Mobile/Tablet Menu

Desktop Menu

Search Container

Substitute Teaching

Already have a Substitute Permit?

Apply Now button

Via Edjoin

Qualifications / Requirements

  • Bachelors Degree (from an Accredited College or University)

How to Get a 30-Day Permit via the County (SCCOE)

Fingerprint icon
  1. LiveScan
    Request a LiveScan form from PAUSD: or via the
    State of California Live Scan Service
Diploma icon
  1. Transcripts
    • Bachelor degree or higher.
    • Send electronic transcripts to:
    • Hard copies: Santa Clara County Office of Education
      1290 Ridder Park Drive
      San Jose, CA. 95131
      MC 255 Attn: credential services
      * please include a note that you are applying for a 30-day permit
Register icon
  1. Register with county
    Credential Registration


Check mark icon
  1. Create an Educator account
    State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing