The Board Bond Advisory Committee (BBAC) has been established as a Board of Education committee to provide advice to the Board in its thinking about the Strong Schools Bond activities.
The purpose of the BBAC is to review Bond matters referred to it by the Board of Education and make recommendations to the Board of Education. The scope of matters under the purview of the BBAC is limited to the following:
- Review of the Bond Master Plan and recommendations to the Board
- Review of technical and educational specifications for Bond construction and recommendations to the Board
- Review of allocation and method of allocation of budgeted Bond funds and recommendations to the Board
- Board of Education Members (2)
- Senior member will serve as Chair of the BBAC
- Second member will serve as Vice-Chair
- Teacher/Certificated Staff Representatives (1)
- PAEA President or designee
- Term to be determined by the PAEA President
- School Site Administrators (2)
- Secondary School Administrator designated by the Superintendent
- Elementary School Administrator designated by the Superintendent
- Classified Staff Representatives (1)
- CSEA President or designee
- Term to be decided by CSEA President
- Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) Parent Representative (1)
- Selected by Superintendent, following application process
- PTA Representatives (2)
- Chosen by the PTA
- One elementary parent, one secondary parent.
- Term to be decided by PTA President
- High School Student Representative (2)
- Chosen by the Paly and Gunn Student Body Councils
- One student from Paly, one student from Gunn.
- Term to be current school year
- Ad Hoc Representatives
- As deemed appropriate, the BBAC may seek input from staff, parents, community members, and/or other individuals with expertise on particular issues.
- Staff Support
- The District CBO and Manager of the Bond Program will serve as staff support to the Chair, Vice-Chair, and the Committee
The BBAC will review or gather information and share perspectives about tasks and issues pertaining to the Bond Program as directed by the Board of Education. The work is to assist the Board in its thinking about the bond program.
The BBAC operates under the auspices and operations of the Board of Education
The BBAC Chair will share information and discussion results at Board of Education meetings with written narrative provided by the Superintendent’s representative as needed.
BBAC will work within the existing resources assigned to accomplish the work in the charge statement of the Board of Education.
The Superintendent will provide information on the BBAC meetings to the school community.
When the BBAC is working on tasks, it is anticipated there will be one to two early evening Monday meetings per month. The days and times however are subject to discussion and perhaps change.