The District began the process of exploring instructional materials for use in K-5 math programs this academic year, 2015-16. This process along with the selection committee will make a recommendation that will go to the PAUSD School Board in spring, 2017. We are coordinating closely with the 6th – 8th math adoption process. The math adoption and subsequent implementation and professional development are part of the PAUSD Strategic Plan Goal A.
If you have questions, contact Elementary Education at (650) 329-3773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Math Expressions – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- EngageNY /Eureka – Great Minds
- enVision Math 2.0 – Pearson Scott Foresman
- Everyday Math 4 – McGraw-Hill
- Go-Math – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Investigations - TERC – Pearson Scott Foresman
- Math in Focus: Singapore – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- My Math – McGraw-Hill
The selection committee composition and adoption process are defined by Board Policy and Administrative Regulations for Selection and Evaluation of Instructional Materials (BP 6161.1 and AR 6161.1), which include the following clauses:
- The Superintendent or designee shall establish a process by which instructional materials shall be reviewed for recommendation to the Board. This process shall involve teachers in a substantial manner and shall also encourage the participation of parents/guardians and community members.
- Individuals who participate in selecting and evaluating instructional materials shall not have a conflict of interest in the materials being reviewed, as defined in administrative regulation.
- Committee shall include two to five community members selected by the Superintendent or designee
- The community members selected shall represent a balanced perspective of the community at large.
- Applicants must be able to commit to regular attendance given this anticipated schedule:
Community Member/Parent Learning Sessions
|April 27, 5:00 - 6:30 pm||General Overview|
|May 23, 3:30 - 5:00 pm||Final K-5 Math Lead Meeting|
Adoption Committee Meetings, 2016-17
|August 29, 3:30 - 5:00 pm||Committee Kickoff Meeting|
|September 26, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm||Orientation to Selected Textbooks; Selecting Units to Pilot|
|October 3, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm||Planning Unit Lessons and Protocols, Round 1 & 2|
|December 12, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm||Debrief Round 1, Plan Round 2 Details|
|January 25, 2:00 - 5:00 pm||Finalize Details Round 2|
|March 6, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm||Debrief Round 2 and Select Recommendation|
|March 13, 5:00 - 7:00 pm||Parent/Community Information Night|
|March 20, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm||Finalizing Recommendation & Implementation Plan for Board|
2. Complete application: