To assure the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) is able to deliver on its vision to “develop our students’ knowledge, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, and to nurture their curiosity, creativity, and resilience, empowering every child to reach his or her fullest intellectual, social, and creative potential”, the Board of Education is committed to providing classroom spaces to facilitate teaching and learning. The Superintendent is seeking applicants for appointment to serve on the Enrollment Management Advisory Committee. Applicants must reside or work within the boundaries of the Palo Alto Unified School District or be parents of current or former VTP students.
The Advisory Committee is charged with preparing multiple, strategic, evidence-based, actionable recommendations that will enable the district to design, develop, and implement short- and long term plans for accommodating projected PAUSD enrollment consistent with PAUSD educational standards and the thirteen Community Values and seven Planning Standards of BP7110. The Committee will be representative of all key stakeholders and use the following to inform their efforts:
- Current and past enrollment projections
- Information regarding demographic projections and housing developments from the City of Palo Alto, Stanford University, and the State of California
- Numbers of overflowed students
- Data on applications, waiting lists, and enrollment in elementary and middle school choice programs
- Current research on optimal class sizes and school sizes
- Recommendations and background information of previous Advisory Committees
- Other information as deemed necessary
As materials are shared with the committee, they will be posted here.
- Jan. 12, 2016 – Survey Results
- Jan. 6, 2016 – EMAC Secondary Subcommittee Final Report
- Dec. 14, 2015 – EMAC Elementary Subcommittee Recommendations
- Dec. 3, 2015 – Letter from the EMAC Secondary Schools Subcommittee to the PAUSD Board of Education
- Dec. 3, 2015 – EMAC Secondary Subcommittee Final Recommendations
- Nov. 10, 2015 – EMAC Secondary Subcommittee Board Meeting Presentation
- Oct. 26, 2015 – EMAC Secondary Subcommittee Special Board Meeting Presentation
- Oct. 5, 2015 – Enrollment Management Advisory Committee (EMAC) Update – Special Board Meeting
- Oct. 5, 2015 – Special Board Meeting Presentation
The application period is now open. Application forms can be obtained from the Superintendent's assistant, Kathleen Ruegsegger or by downloading it from this link. For more information about this committee, you can contact Kathleen Ruegsegger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 650-329-3737.
Completed applications must be sent to: Dr. Glenn “Max” McGee, Superintendent, Palo Alto Unified School District, 25 Churchill Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, or emailed to email@example.com
You can obtain information by phone by calling
All applications must be received by Monday, March 16, 2015, at 4:30 pm.