Dr. Don Austin, Superintendent of the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD), seeks applicants to serve on the Fiscal Advisory Committee (FAC). The charge of the FAC is to provide transparency around the District’s budget and finances. Carolyn Chow, Chief Business Officer, will serve as the Committee’s chair. A robust FAC with representative membership from the PAUSD Community is desired. The following are examples of the membership requested:
- Representatives of bargaining units and associations (PAEA/CSEA/PAMA)
- Parents/guardians serving on Parent Teacher Association (PTA), School Site Council (SSC), English Language Advisory Council (ELAC)
- Parents/guardians with children attending PAUSD schools
- Palo Alto Partners in Education Foundation Board Members
- Palo Alto Community Members
Purpose of the Committee: Enhance communication, provide opportunities for input on the budgetary process, and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees that are fiscally prudent and in the best interest of students.
Meetings to be held quarterly (dates to be determined) at the PAUSD District Office.
To be considered for appointment to this Committee, please complete and submit an application by November 30, 2019. The Superintendent finalized FAC membership by December 13, 2019. Thank you for your interest in this initiative.
Meetings will be held quarterly, beginning January 22, 2020, at the PAUSD District Office, 25 Churchill Avenue.