The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQQ) Council is made up of teachers, parents, staff, administrators and community partners who have an interest in supporting LGBTQQ children and youth within the Palo Alto school community. The LGBTQQ council is dedicated to fostering inclusive communities through advocacy, education, raised awareness, outreach and collaboration to ensure the success and well-being of students regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
The LGBTQQ Council works to
- Support development of an inclusive and representative approach to teaching and learning that promotes school success.
- Assist with trainings that are in the best interest of students and staff.
- Serve as resource for individuals, groups, and organizations that have questions or want information about LGBTQQ issues.
- Inform and work in tandem with other committees that focus on student needs and performance.
- Serve as a resource for site-based school clubs such as GSA's & QSA’s.
- Advocate for the health and social-emotional well-being of LGBTQQ staff, educators, families and students.
- Encourage use of language that is inclusive of the diversity of our school population, including the avoidance of binary gender language in correspondence and communications.
For more information regarding the LGBTQQ Council please contact the Student Services Office (650) 833-4208, fax (650) 329-3798
Director Wellness & Support Services
All Meetings are at the PAUSD District Office (25 Churchill Ave) in Aspen conference room . Meetings are held on Mondays from 4:00 - 5:00 PM*meetings may be subject to change with fair notice
- September 24, 2018
- October 29, 2018
- November 26, 2018
- January 28, 2019
- February 25, 2019
- March 25, 2019
April 29, 2019Moved to May 6, 2019
All Meetings are at the PAUSD District Office (25 Churchill Ave) in conference room Aspen. Meetings are held on Mondays from 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- September 19, 2016 Minutes
- October 24, 2016 Minutes
- November 21, 2016 Minutes
- January 09, 2017 Minutes
- February 13, 2017 Minutes
- March 20, 2017 Minutes
- April 24, 2017 Minutes
- May 22, 2017 Minutes
- September 25, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- November 27, 2017
- January 22, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- March 26, 2018
- April 23, 2018
*meetings may be subject to change with fair notice
- LibGuide - This LibGuide contains book lists, websites, and videos for elementary and middle school teachers and students
- ACS Outlet - youth support
- PFLAG Peninsula - Local support for parents with LGBTQ kids
- LGBT YouthSpace - youth support
- Child and Adolescent Gender Center - Clinic for trans* children and teens, and important resource as far as professionals
- Somos Familia - support for Latino parents with LGBTQ kids/teens/adult children
- Our Family Coalition - for LGBTQ headed families
- Billy DeFrank Center - San Jose LGBTQ community center
- CA Safe Schools Coalition
- GSA Network
- Gender Spectrum - works with schools on Gender Diversity (they are local too and their website has EXCELLENT resources for schools)
- PFLAG National - for parents with LGBTQ children
- COLAGE - Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere - for kids with LGBTQ parents
- GLSEN - Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network - for teachers
- Family Acceptance Project - Excellent resource with info about importance of supporting LGBTQ youth
- Attend meetings on the dates outlined above
- Share thoughts and ideas to further the work of the council
- Listen to the ideas of other parents from their school community and represent those ideas at meetings