The Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) Board of Education has authorized the establishment of a Citizen's Advisory Committee to: "Research and review the names of PAUSD schools and submit recommendations for renaming one or more of the schools for the Board's consideration by December 31, 2016." We are now seeking applications from current residents, current employees, graduates of PAUSD, and former employees who worked for PAUSD for a minimum of five years.
The Committee will consist of four parents of current students, four members of the community at large, up to four alumni, two administrators, and four faculty and staff, and up to four students. Individuals who apply must agree to the following:
- Members will be selected for the RSAC will be representative of the larger community and reflect its cultural diversity and range of perspectives.
- Committee chair(s) will be selected from RSAC members who express their interest and can verify they have the time to devote to the task.
- A professional facilitator will run the RSAC meetings and assist in development of recommendations.
- The RSAC serves Citizen an advisory capacity to the Board; they may make recommendations, but their actions shall not be binding on the Board or Superintendent.
- All Brown Act requirements will be followed including posting of agendas and minutes within appropriate time frames.
- Members must commit to attending biweekly meetings that will last between two or three hours during the school year. The particular dates and times will likely be scheduled on Monday evenings, but the exact dates and times will be determined at the first organizational meeting. Additional work between meetings is likely and may require two to four hours per week.
PAUSD Renaming Schools Advisory Committee (RSAC) Timeline
|Monday, March 28, 2016||4:30PM||RSAC Membership Application Deadline|
|Monday, April 11, 2016||6:30PM||RSAC Applications Reviewed|
|Friday, April 15, 2016||4:00PM||RSAC Membership Notification|
|Monday, April 25, 2016||6:30-8:30PM*||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Orientation Meeting|
|Monday, May 9, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Monday, May 23, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Monday, June 6, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|June 13 – August 22, 2016||TBD||TBD||RSAC Subcommittees Meet as Needed|
|Monday, August 29, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Monday, September 12, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Monday, September 26, 2016||6:30-8:00PM||Jordan MS||RSAC Townhall Meeting at Jordan MS|
|Monday, October 3, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Monday, October 17, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Tuesday, November 1, 2016||6:30-8:00PM||TBD||RSAC Townhall Meeting|
|Monday, November 14, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Meeting|
|Wednesday, November 30, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||Staff Lounge||RSAC Meeting – Prep for Board Meeting|
|Monday, December 12, 2016||6:30-8:30PM||SDC||RSAC Meeting – Prep for Board Meeting|
|Tuesday, January 10, 2017||6:30PM||SDC||School Board RSAC Recommendation Report|
|Tuesday, January 24, 2017||6:30PM||SDC||School Board RSAC Recommendation Action|
|TBD, 2017||6:30-8:30PM||Conf. Rm. A||RSAC Final Meeting Wrap-up|
* Please note that we will finalize this draft calendar as a committee on the orientation meeting on April 25 based on member
availability and work scope and pacing feedback.
|PAUSD RENAMING SCHOOLS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (RSAC)|
|Last Name||First Name||Constituency Group|