Secondary Schools - Fall 2020
All PAUSD schools will open the 2020-2021 school year in a distance learning model. We are confident that our instruction and support of students will be at the level PAUSD families have come to know and appreciate.
Schools are not closed by public order and physical attendance for specific reasons is not prohibited. While schools will begin instruction through distance learning, routine opportunities for students to visit District sites in small groups for targeted activities when possible are being explored.
Mental health and support are an important aspect of safe schools and will be supported by small group interactions on site when possible. Full physical reopening will be considered at checkpoints commencing on September 11. PAUSD will remain in contact with surrounding school districts, Santa Clara County Public Health Department (SCCPHD), Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE), and the California Department of Education (CDE) to evaluate conditions and best practices related to a physical return to school.
Features of Secondary Instruction
- All schools will begin instruction through distance learning
- Opportunities for students to regularly visit campuses for targeted small-group interactions when possible
- Extra-curricular activities available in socially distanced settings when possible
- Grades will be assigned
- Synchronous live instruction daily
- PAUSD+ will serve historically challenged students and provide support and consistency
- Attendance will be taken
- Physical returns to school will be evaluated routinely
- Students who do not return when schools physically reopen will require medical exemptions and will move to a Home & Hospital setting. Home & Hospital course offerings may not mirror the breadth of courses offered during in-person instruction