Apply for Choice Programs
Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) offers several choice schools and programs at the elementary school and middle school levels. Because Choice Programs are unique and differ in content and/or structure, only one application to one program per student may be submitted. Parents are advised to thoroughly research each program to determine the best fit for their child.
- All students registered with PAUSD are eligible to attend. Current students should contact the school to determine availability.
- Admission is granted through a lottery system (kindergarten for elementary programs; 6th grade for middle school programs) and an application must be submitted for each student, including students of siblings concurrently enrolled in a Choice Program, and students of PAUSD employees.
- To ensure stable enrollment and fairness to other families, parents/guardians are advised as follows:
- Only ONE Choice Programs may be applied to.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for providing their children's transportation to and from the Choice Program school. Parents/guardians are advised to understand the long-term (kinder through 5th grade, or 6th through 8th grade) impact on their commute, before accepting a Choice Program placement.
- When accepting a Choice Program enrollment, the Choice Program school becomes the student's neighborhood school. Parents/guardians are advised to fully understand and agree with the characteristics of the Choice Program, before accepting a Choice Program placement.
- Waitlists are created during the kindergarten and 6th grade lotteries; students who missed the lottery can submit a request to the Choice Program to be added to the waitlist. Waitlisted students who exit PAUSD schools will be removed from the waitlist.