To Attend Palo Alto Unified School District schools, a student must:
- Be currently "residing" (read legal definition of "residence") within the boundaries of the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD):
- To verify if your student qualifies to attend - and REMAIN ENROLLED IN - PAUSD schools, read Residency - Important Information.
- Some areas of the city of Palo Alto are not within PAUSD boundaries; some areas of Los Altos Hills and Portola Valley are within PAUSD boundaries. To determine if your residence is within PAUSD boundaries, enter your address into the School Finder application.
- Be 5 years of age on or before September 1 for Kindergarten, December 2 for Transitional Kindergarten (TK), or prior to the last day of school for Expanded Transitional Kindergarten (ETK), of the academic year of enrollment.
- PAUSD does not allow early admission to kindergarten. For details regarding this policy, read Grade Placement.
- PAUSD residents requesting Special Education Preschool services (3 year of age or older) may also register.
If your student meets these criteria, start the Registration Process.
To attend an information meeting: Parent Information Meetings.
Please contact Registration Services with any questions or call (650) 329-3707. Fax: (650) 321-4525.