Meeting Dates for Parents
Please contact Registration Services with any questions or call (650) 329-3707.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten
Informational Evenings for parents
Below meetings are exactly the same (Spanish and Mandarin translation provided):
- Wednesday January 15, 2020, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., at Walter Hays Elementary School
- Thursday January 23, 2020; 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., at Fairmeadow Elementary School
School Visit Day (adults only)
- Kindergarten - Friday, February 21, 2020
Held at all neighborhood elementary schools except Ohlone and Hoover. Exact times vary per school; contact school for details. To find your neighborhood school, input your address into the School Finder tool.
- Transitional Kindergarten - Friday, February 21, 2020
Classes are only at Duveneck, Barron Park, and Greendell elementary schools. Families should visit:
- Duveneck if the neighborhood school is Duveneck, Addison, or Walter Hays.
- Barron Park if the neighborhood school is Barron Park, Juana Briones, Nixon, or Escondido.
- Greendell if the neighborhood school is Palo Verde, Fairmeadow, or El Carmelo.
Choice School/Program Information Meetings
- Click here for full description, conditions, and instructions
- Only one program may be applied to. Parents MUST attend one Information Night and one Tour to receive an application.
- Lottery applications due February 19, 2020, 12:00 p.m. (noon).Applications must be submitted to the Choice Program school's main office.
- Lottery held on Thursday, March 5, 2020 (10:00 a.m., at District Office, 25 Churchill Ave). Parent attendance is optional.
- Deadline for parent acceptance is Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 12:00 p.m. (noon): Inform Choice Program school's main office.
- Parent Information Nights (choose one): January 21, 2020, or February 12, 2020; 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Application/Tour days: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on January 15, 2020 and February 6, 2020.
Ohlone Elementary & Mandarin Immersion
- Parent Information Nights (choose one): January 27, 2020 7:00 PM or February 10, 2020 8:45 a.m.
- Application/Tour dates: 8:45 a.m. on January 30, 2020, February 5, 2020, and February 11, 2020. Application provided at tour.
Spanish Immersion (at Escondido)
- Parent Information Night: January 30, 2020 6:30-8:30 p.m. Application provided at the end of the tour.
- Application/Tours: 8:45 a.m. on January 14 2020, January 23 2020, and January 27 2020.
- Testing for Spanish-fluent and Bilingual Students: Feb 4 2020, and Feb 8, 2020
Young Fives (Greendell)
- Tours: Register with Greendell School for tours beginning in December 2019
- Applications available after families complete a tour
- Observation Day: February 13, 2020
Voluntary Transfer Program Orientation and Registration
- Orientation: January 9, 2020, 5:30 p.m. at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
- Registration: January 14, 2020 - February 15, 2020 at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
- Elementary School Placement Meeting: February 20, 2020, 5:30 p.m at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
General Information Meeting
January 15, 2020 at each school (call school for exact times)
Choice Programs Information Meetings
- JL Stanford - Connections: February 3, 2020, 7:00 p.m. at JL Stanford
- Greene - Spanish and Mandarin Bridge Programs: February 11, 2020, 6:00 p.m. at Greene
- Details of Choice programs
- Choice Program applications sent: early February 2020
- Applications due: February 19, 2020, 4:00 p.m at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
- Choice Program lottery & notification: February 26, 2020, 1:00 p.m at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
- Choice Program parent acceptance deadline: March 2, 2020, 4:00 p.m at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
Information Nights for Parents of Rising 9th Graders:
January 29, 2020, 7:00 p.m. at each high school. All current and future PAUSD parents and students, who will be in the 9th grade in the 2020-21 school year, are welcome to attend this event.
Course Selection for Current PAUSD 8th Grade Students
High School Counselors distribute Course Catalogs to current 8th grade students:
- Fletcher: Gunn High counselors at Fletcher February 4 & 5, 2020; Palo Alto High counselors at Fletcher March 2, 2020
- Greene: Palo Alto High counselors at Greene February 3 & 4, 2020; Gunn High counselors at Greene February 7
- JLS: Gunn High and Palo Alto High guidance counselors at JLS February 10 & 11, 2020
High school counselors return to middle schools later in February/March 2020 to assist current 8th graders with course selection.
Course Selection Information All Parents, and for Newly Registered Parents/Students
Parents and students can attend the Middle School Course Selection Workshop:
- Palo Alto High school on February 4, 2020 (7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the Haymarket Theater)
- Gunn High School on February 12, 2020 (6:30 - 8:00 p.m. in the Gunn Library)
All newly registered families will be given course-selection instructions after registration and enrollment (starting in April prior to the school year).