Meeting Dates for Parents
Please contact Registration Services with any questions: email RegistrationServices@pausd.org or call (650) 329-3707.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten -Information for New Families
All families are welcome to join. 2021 meetings will take place via the Zoom Webinar platform
Below meetings are exactly the same, so parents need not attend both although they certainly may do so if desired.
- Thursday January 21, 2021, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. (Zoom info TBD)
- Wednesday January 27, 2021; 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. (Zoom info TBD)
Choice School/Program Information Meetings
- Click here for full description, conditions, and instructions.
- Parent Information Meetings will be held via the Zoom Webinar platform (meetings are exactly the same so parents need not attend both, but may do so if desired): dates TBD (late January/early February).
- Only one program for each student may be applied to. Parents MUST attend one Information Meeting to receive an application.
- Applications must be submitted to the Choice Program school's main office no later than Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 12:00 p.m. (noon).
- Lottery held on Thursday, February 25, 2021 (4:00 p.m., at District Office, 25 Churchill Ave). Parent attendance is optional.
- Parents must provide the response to an offer of enrollment in the Choice Program, by notifying the Choice Program school's main office no later than Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 12:00 p.m. (noon).
Young Fives (Greendell): Contact Greendell School starting in December 2020 for information and consideration.
Voluntary Transfer Program Orientation and Registration
- Registration: January 12, 2021 - February 19, 2021
- Orientation: January 14, 2021, 5:30 p.m. (Zoom info TBD)
- Elementary School Placement Meeting: February 25, 2021, 5:30 p.m (Zoom info TBD)
Choice Programs Information Meetings
Dates TBD at each school (mid January 2021)
- Choice Program applications sent: early February 2021
- Applications due: February 17, 2021, 4:00 p.m at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
- Choice Program lottery: February 24, 2021, 4:00 p.m at the District Office, 25 Churchill Ave.
- Choice Program parent acceptance deadline: March 1, 2021, 4:00 p.m at the Choice Program school's main office.
Information Nights for Parents of Rising 9th Graders (or other grades new to PAUSD):
January 27 2021, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., at each high school (check websites for Gunn High, and Palo Alto High, for location details). All current and future PAUSD parents and students, who will be in the 9th grade in the 2021-22 school year (or new to PAUSD from grades 10 - 12), are welcome to attend this event.
Course Selection for Current PAUSD 8th Grade Students
High School Counselors distribute Course Catalogs to current 8th grade students during the month of February. For details and dates, please contact the main office of your neighborhood middle school.
Course Selection Information Night for All Parents, and for Newly Registered Parents/Students
Parents and students can attend the Middle School Course Selection Workshop:
- Palo Alto High School on February 10, 2021, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (check Palo Alto High web site for location details)
- Gunn High School on (date TBD; mid February 2021 (check Gunn High web site for location details)
All newly registered families will be given course-selection instructions after registration and enrollment (starting in April prior to the school year).