Online Registration Help
The state of California requires school districts to collect and maintain various information on students they serve. In addition to the information required by the state, local policies and practices require additional questions to ensure the smooth operation of all schools. The Online Registration/Annual Data Update process occurs once annually, and serves to combine as many of the notices, mandates, and consent forms into a single process.
Palo Alto Unified uses the Infinite Campus software platform to manage the official information related to the educational processes. This platform stores the official records for the district, and as such, it's important to ensure the information entered is accurate.
To account for the wide variety of modern family situations, the sections are organized by household, parent, and student. Each section can have one or more entries. The questions are arranged specifically relevant to each section, as answers could be different for two children in the same household, or two parents in a split family situation.
New registrations, please refer to the Registration section before attempting to complete the Online Registration process.
Returning students, i.e. students enrolled in the district the previous year, the application can be accessed only during the Annual Data Update window. During that period, please follow steps outlined below.
Steps to complete the Online Registration / Annual Data Update process:
Note: these steps are applicable only AFTER a parent account has been created for you or for those with an active parent account. Adding a child to an existing parent account will allow you to transfer all data so you don't need to re-enter the information again.
For those with new students or no active parent account, follow the process starting from the Registration page to have an account created for you.
- Go to the ID Portal to login to your account. If you've forgotten your username or password please follow instructions on the parent help page.
- Once login is successful you will see the applications available on your portal dashboard. Launch Infinite Campus.
- In Infinite Campus, click the 3-horizontal bar ('hamburger' menu) to access more options.
- On the sidebar menu, click 'More'.
- Click 'Online Registration'.
- Ensure that the correct year is selected from the dropdown then click 'Begin Registration'.
- Select your language preference.
- Enter your name to attest to who you are.
- Begin the Online Registration process.