New Student Enrollment
Registration/Enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year begins on January 4, 2021 (Round 1 Registration ends on February 12, 2021)
Please read this page entirely before proceeding, as it contains important information to ensure parent(s)/guardians(s) successfully complete the registration.
To qualify to register and enroll with, and attend, schools within the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD):
- Student must be currently and continuously residing with a parent/guardian whose home is located within the boundaries of PAUSD (Tinsley/VTP students must be currently and continuously residing with a parent/guardian whose home is located within the boundaries of Ravenswood City School District, or RCSD).
- To avoid a residency violation, parents/guardians are strongly advised to read the legal definition of "residing" at the web page titled Residency - Important Information.
- Some areas of Palo Alto are not within PAUSD boundaries; some areas of Los Altos Hills and Portola Valley are within PAUSD boundaries. To determine if your residence is within PAUSD boundaries, enter your address into the PAUSD School Finder application. (Tinsley/VTP: enter your address into the RCSD School Locator web page.)
- New to the area? Read the "Moving Into Palo Alto" page for advice and planning tips.
- To enroll in Kindergarten, student must be at least 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the academic year of enrollment. For more details on age qualifications for other grades, visit the Grade Placement page.
- PAUSD does not allow early admission to Kindergarten. Transitional Kindergarten is available for students who turn 5 on or before December 2 of the academic year of enrollment. For more information, visit the PAUSD Transitional Kindergarten web page.
- PAUSD residents requesting Special Education Preschool services (3 year of age or older) may also register.
Due to current restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, parents should attempt to complete a REMOTE registration process. If parent is unable to complete a REMOTE registration, please contact Registration Services at (650) 329-3707 to discuss other options.
Please proceed to the Enrollment Process web page.