ALL of the following documents - unless they do not apply to your family or student circumstances - must be provided as part of a registration (also applies to students who attended PAUSD in the past, and to students with siblings already enrolled; old documents are archived and new ones are required). Registrations will not be considered complete until all documents are received by a Registration Services staff member.
For the purposes of this section, "parent" means either biological parent or guardian. Only a parent or guardian, with supporting documentation, can register a student.
- Parent or Guardian/Caregiver identification: Photo ID such as driver's license, passport, or ID Card. NOTE: If student lives full time with a caregiver/guardian instead of a parent, guardians must provide court document or Caregiver Affidavit.
- Student identification: birth certificate, passport, or duly attested baptism certificate. Contact Registration Services if none of these are available. Parent must register a child with the full first and full last name that is listed on the birth identification document.
- Residency document, Primary Proof: One (1) of the following documents containing both the parent's name and address:
- Owners: Most recent property tax bill or receipt of property tax payment; must show owner name and address (a copy that includes the owner name can be obtained by emailing a request to email@example.com). If the owner is an LLC, documentation must be provided that connects the parent to the LLC. If no property tax bill or payment receipt is available because the purchase is recent: the final closing statement or grant deed is acceptable.
- Renters: current Lease Agreement showing parent/guardian is the renter; must include manager/landlord's contact information and signature. All pages of the lease are needed, including signature page but not including addendums or amendments. If the lease has expired, or the lease is month-to-month, parent must include either a recent rent payment receipt, or recent manager/landlord letter with signature stating the parent is a current resident.
- Shared housing: families living free-of-charge in a home within PAUSD (RCSD for VTP/Tinsley), must send an email to Registration Services for further instructions: RegistrationServices@pausd.org.
- Residency documents, ADDITIONAL Proof: Two (2) documents, one from each category below; must be current and show the parent's name and address:
a) Category 1: Utility bill, or a letter of utility account confirmation (at primary address and in the name of the parent/guardian)
b) Category 2: One document from this list with primary address and in the name of parent/guardian: confirmation of service for cable or internet; DMV vehicle registration; home or renter's insurance; medical insurance; W-2 tax form; voter registration; pay stub; letter from government agency; U.S. Mail address change verification.
Note: If the Primary document is a lease agreement AND the lease agreement explicitly states utilities are included as part of the rent, then the two Additional Proof documents can come from Category 2.
- Student's Immunizations records: All records must be official, meaning it can be determined that the document comes from a health service or doctor. If the child has immunizations scheduled for a future date, a letter listing the dates the immunizations will be administered, signed by a California licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.), is also required .
Note: California requires 2 Varicella doses (vaccination against Chickenpox). If the student has had the Chickenpox disease, only a Medical Exemption can be accepted in lieu of the vaccinations: definition of a Medical Exemption can be found on the Health Services page, in the "Immunization Requirements" section.
- A TB Risk Assessment form (or a TB test if required after assessment): must be completed by a health professional in the U.S. (Students transferring from another Santa Clara County school are exempt from this requirement.)
Click here for a complete description of all State and County requirements.
- If student is transferring from a school within the United States, complete a Request For Records form. (NOTE: This is only required for students coming from a school in grades TK through 12; does not apply to a student coming from a preschool.)
- Review Grade Placement policies to determine the grade level PAUSD will assign based on student birth date; if parents want a different grade assigned, a document from the current or previous school showing the student's current or previous grade must be submitted for consideration.
The following documents need not be submitted as part of the registration; however, parent must provide them before student is assigned to a school:
- High school students entering the second semester of 9th grade, or entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grades, must submit an official student transcript from the previous school, with a professionally English-translated version included.
- Special Education students: Provide a copy, signed by parent and previous school, of existing or previous IEP or 504 plans.